Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tatman

how much for fascia and soffit cleaning?
« on: April 23, 2007, 07:38:14 pm »
how much do you lads charge for fascia, soffit and gutter cleaning. got all the gear i need pole, brushes, hoses etc and have done a few conservatories good results. But cant decide what to charge for fascia. Got two jobs to quote. One just front and back fascias and guttering the other front back and both gable ends?? ??? Was thinking £20ish per side??? whats the going rate? is this to low?

Richy L

Re: how much for fascia and soffit cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:41:43 pm »
id say it is too low. And cleaning it wfp will nacker you out in no time!
The best way is either jet washing, or by hand(off a ladder)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 07:49:09 pm »
for gutters, £20-15 per side or more if its green maybe £25, if they want it cleaned out and its full up,  another £10.

but on gutters and facsia i price to earn £40p/h, but nothing beat a bit of mard surface cleaner, and some microfibre and a ladder,  im afraid the wfp, just doesnt cut it.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 07:52:13 pm »
wfp does cut it , I have done loads and the customers are always 100% happy with the results.

there is a certain knack to it especailly avoiding getting wet

tatman

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 07:58:16 pm »
yea i agree i have tried with my pole it can have good results especially sprayed up with tfr first then washed. Seems fine thats how i will be doing it anyway done plenty off ladders its knackering.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:01:45 pm »
so how do you clean out the gutters with the wfp?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:03:55 pm »
I dont know, never tried !!!!!!!!!

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 08:05:48 pm »
arrr lost money, see if your up the ladder anyways... just earning extra. surely?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 08:08:32 pm »
I charge £100 min for gutter ,facia , soffit cleaning , all done from the ground.

If they want them clearing out then thats a different job and charged accordingly.

Dave

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 08:10:58 pm »
£100min for 10m of gutter and soffet

tatman

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 08:11:38 pm »
i take it people are happy with that price then mate ? what part of the world are you

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 08:14:02 pm »
Most of my work is detatched and the lowest price is about £100.

I am not interested in smaller jobs not worth the bother

Dave

Tatman

I am in Cornwall and i just pick and choose these days

rp cleaning services

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:07 pm »
average size 3 bed house,gutter fascia clean,price between £45-£60 a house,want inside gutter clean,take a look first,doddle £10 a gutter,lot of work £25. usually takes about 1 to 1.5 hrs to do with wfp.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 10:34:42 pm »
thats ages, last week, i did 10m of gutters, cleaned it out, ie, scooped all the moss out chcuked it in bucket. wiped the green off, took me 30mins £40

wfp just seems like using it for uses sake, its good at what it does, geogians, but i can do a 5 stretch in two moves of the ladder

Spursboy1972

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 06:51:24 am »
Although I would say find a price you are happy with i have found myself doing lots of these jobs which I affectionately call "washdowns" for lots of people that have a window cleaner who just wont do them (same for conservatory roofs).
So I have worked out 2 pricing startegies (which also vary dependant upon the frequency).
For my reguilar customers who I do their windows and who are looking for these cleans at least once a year then I try to keep it to approx £25 a side (regular 3 bed semi) and for one off cleans I work towards doubling it. After all there seems to be a shortage of people doing them. For a 3 bed semi I can washdown and do windows (trad but not for long) in approx an hour. I look at these jobs as a pain but very well paid ones and if I gould book in 4/5 a week on top of my other stuiff I would only need to work 4 days a week. I am sure I would get reedy though. lol
I think thje key for me is to think there are very few people doing it so make the most of it. Most people seem to appreciate this.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire