Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Good-bye Trevor, R.I.P.
« on: April 21, 2007, 01:28:50 pm »
No, not that one.

One of my old customers died on Thursday two hours before I turned up to clean his windows. Wife and Son there and son says (before telling me his Dad had died) are you the window cleaner? Carry on.

I ask how Trevor is and son says "They've just taken him away, he died this morning ..."

Really sad, he was a nice old guy, kept me fed with tea and choccy biccies, paid for neighbours windows when they weren't in etc.

He told me a humourous story about his army record. (During WW2 he was a lieutenant - being born in 1920) When the first Gulf war was on (1990/91) he got called up as a reservist. They wouldn't beleive he was 70 yrs old at the time as they had his date of birth as 1970 instead of 1920!

They even sent someone round to check he wasn't pulling a fast one.

(Is the above possible or was he telling me a story?)
It's a game of three halves!

LWC

Re: Good-bye Trevor, R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 02:38:02 pm »
sad news :'(

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 02:50:38 pm »

They even sent someone round to check he wasn't pulling a fast one.

(Is the above possible or was he telling me a story?)

Very possibly, given the generally poor state of the armed forces administration (the centre of which is in Glasgow; need I say more?).

A mate of mine was called up a few years ago and he got out of it by saying he's a drug user.  He wasn't, but he got out of it; no questions asked!

Anyway, it's allways sad when one of your customer's dies; especially if they were nice ones, but I particularly dislike it when they die owing me money.  This has happened twice to me (so far)!

LWC

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 05:27:05 pm »
Anyway, it's allways sad when one of your customer's dies; especially if they were nice ones, but I particularly dislike it when they die owing me money.  This has happened twice to me (so far)!

a little harsh...but so true  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 05:38:56 pm »

a little harsh...but so true  ;D

Err  ... ... no .... that was Tosh - not me!  :)
It's a game of three halves!

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 11:17:36 pm »
You're lucky, two of my customers were bumped off (murdered). I learnt of it on the Television whilst watching the news. They too owed me money unfortunately! Still life goes on (for most of us, that is)! ;D
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

ivesons mobile cleaners

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 09:23:31 am »
hi

easyclean if they had paid the bill on time would you let them live,
sod owing you money ;D

ronaldo

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 09:39:12 am »
I had an old man on my round pass away last year and in his will he had put, both garden sheds and all of the plant pots and plants will go to the window cleaner as we always talked about gardening because we both enjoyed it.

I was humbled at his gift and miss seeing him, but life goes on and so do the memories.  :(
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !