Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Llaaww

curse my short term memory
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:33:02 pm »
I overfilled my tank today. :-[  I was sitting in the garden with a glass of wine, listening to the waves, when I noticed water running nearby. My peace was shattered when I realised that it was the van tank overflowing. It was hooked up to my ibc and i forgot. water was running out of the van all over the place. lucky for me the van is full of holes, I was a bit worried that I might get wet shoes when I opened the door.

have any of you done this? (yet)

if it is dirty it is fair game

AuRavelling79

Re: curse my short term memory
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 10:37:39 pm »
Yes!

Worst case was my Honda Estate last summer which was facing downhill on the drive and the front passenger footwell was about two inches deep in water, the relay underneath got soaked, killing the engine electrics. Two days later it dried out enough to start up again.  ::)
It's a game of three halves!

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 10:47:08 pm »
i once forgeot i was filling a 25 L barrel  ::) ::)

of course 210 L doesnt fit into 25 L

i was lucky as this was on wednesday night and i had till the weekend to refill ready for monday

LWC

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 11:07:36 pm »
yes...all the time lol  ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 11:44:48 pm »
Not flooded the van out yet, but the amount of times I've had a miss hap with the 100 gal fish tank in the living room and flooded downstairs.  Doh.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 11:49:06 pm »
I overfilled my tank today. :-[  I was sitting in the garden with a glass of wine, listening to the waves, when I noticed water running nearby. My peace was shattered when I realised that it was the van tank overflowing. It was hooked up to my ibc and i forgot. water was running out of the van all over the place. lucky for me the van is full of holes, I was a bit worried that I might get wet shoes when I opened the door.

have any of you done this? (yet)

I've not actually done that but I have driven off (a few times) with the tank lid still open and slopped water around.  As I have a full bulkhead, I wasn't aware of it until I stopped later.

rugby

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 05:01:38 pm »
i once pumped 800ltrs into a transit i used to have,and i only had a 400ltr tank,god what a mess,had to rip all carpet out etc.

aztec

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 05:05:37 pm »
done at least once a week mate, i have drilled a couple of holes in the van floor to drain it as i am always doing it!!

petski2

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 05:08:22 pm »
At least once a week lol ::) ::) ;D ;D

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 05:11:05 pm »
I haven't done that yet?
But I have left my transfer pump pluged in when I emptied my storage tank, went off to work and while the tank was filling, the float switch got higher and higher until it switched its self back on :o the whole shed was flooded,

I keep saying to my self I must do something about that, but my short term memory won't remind me ;D

Majestic

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 05:38:07 pm »
What was the question again