Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markybop

GOT ASKED TO QUOTE TO CLEAN THIS!---PICS---
« on: April 19, 2007, 03:45:02 pm »
Right guys, got asked to quote for the cleaning of these windows, i counted 200 in total!

How much do you reckon?

I was thinking £0.50 or £0.75 a window.........

Am i far away with £150 ??

The first pic is of one of the sides....

There is another identical wall of glass the same at the other side.

and the second pic is of the front....

splish-splash....give me the cash!

JM123

Re: Got asked to quote to clean this!---PICS---
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:29:47 pm »
Hi Marky, I'd say you're 'spot on' with £0.75 a window  ;D ;D

I'd quote £150 for the lot on the condition that it is done regular (no less than once a month).

Jobs like these are pretty easy as you have no access problems, you can do the work more or less any time of the day (early morning is usually best) and the best bit of all is that the water running down precleans the glass below for you anyway so you can do them really quick.

I do a similar job close to home and last time I checked it took me an hour and a half for £160 charged at the same rate above.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:35:41 pm »
if done monthly and outsides only then i think you are a bit expensive i would do it for £80 +v.a.t a clean
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

NWH

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 05:07:24 pm »
That`s not expensive at all at £160 per month that only works out at £1920 a year,with all that glass the company i`m sure would expect to pay more than that.Like someone has said it`s a lovely job for early mornings,nice little job to do when the birds have just started singing.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:21 pm »
I would go at £150 but be prepared to go every two months as that overhang will mean less muck. If monthly then I would go in at £100.
It's a game of three halves!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 05:18:03 pm »
I presume you are poling it, £100 + vat, less than an hours work.

markybop

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:00:26 pm »
Yip i'll be getting my pole out, don't fancy doing it of triple ladders! :o

marc

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 06:10:22 pm »
i would think around 120 per month 140/150 bi monthly                                                                            marc

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 06:22:29 pm »
are you doing in/out :-\ if doing all I would say £220 y you might be giving the frame a quick wipe,or you may wfp, 200 windows in this day and age is not xx
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

jouk45

Re: GOT ASKED TO QUOTE TO CLEAN THIS!---PICS---
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 07:18:05 pm »
that building looks very simuliar to tesco  ::)

markybop

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 07:54:54 pm »
erm no......

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 08:30:51 pm »
If they want a longer span than 2 months say 4-6 months try to sell a monthly ground floor clean. If you have to do it in rows the support colums mean moving the pole around quite a bit £230 external

Trevor Knight

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 07:25:47 am »
I think you need to look at what the customer wants, i.e. frequency etc... then when you know what the requirements are you then base your price not on how many windows they have but on how long it will take you/hourly rate.

It has been mentioned already, look at the benefits - early morning, wet weather work, commercial, looks an easy job and already we have some on here saying £150 and some saying £80??

My advice, don't be greedy just because this is commercial, yes they generally do pay more but they are just as likely to accept a cheaper quote to save money. Lets face it, the fact that commercial offices have their windows clean is based on HR requirements and not the desire of the MD in most cases.

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

JM123

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 12:26:17 pm »
well said trev - price it according to how much youwant an hour, look at the pro's and con's of the job as well.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

markybop

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 02:49:54 pm »
Well, got a phonecall today to say that my price was too dear   :-\

They got a quote of £90! which they accepted and the guys going to clean it of ladders!!!!!!!! :o

Heez welcome to it!...........

Unbelievable!

trevor perry

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 04:39:57 pm »
if you look at the picture you will see there is only 24 climbs on a ladder and on each climb he will do the top five pains and then do the bottom three pains from the floor , so this job could be done in less than 3 hours so that is £30 an hour which isnt to bad  ,on my earlier post i qouted £80 to do it wfp and would have been on about £50 an hour doing it that way so may be some people are just overpricing the work and the cleaner who has got the job is good at what he does and so will keep the job i feel as more and more people take up window cleaning prices will fall especially with the use of wfp.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt