Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

B**ch of a Job
« on: April 18, 2007, 06:11:43 pm »
I've been doing this house for almost 10 years and every year its got worse and worse? by this I mean its a jungle, to do the upstairs windows, I have to pick a hole in the jungle canopy and poke my pole through it ::) then trying to retrieve my brush is is a nightmare, I'm almost sure there is something up there that grabs my brush and won't leg go ??? and what ever it is, likes to disconnect my hose from the brush  ;D
Anyway I put it up a £5 today just for all the hassle, the customer was fine and understanding and said 'O' by the way can you do the conservatory ::) (O s**t I thought to my self)  now I did this when it was first built 5 years ago, and never touched it since, asked her loads of times if she wanted it done, but she always put me off, when it got really bad I stopped asking her.
Now if you look at it there are 2 sides to the roof but only the windows you can see, she did ask me to do inside and the inside roof, and I refused to do inside, because if you look at the roof you can see another jungle in there ::) I didn't want the job so told her it would be £185 for the outside including the roof, I nearly died when she said can you do it now. so I booked it in for tomorrow morning, but before I packed up my gear I gave it a test to see how bad it was, I was gob-smacked at how easy the green was coming off ;D
What would you guy's have charged if you did or didn't want this Job???

Trevor Knight

Re: B**ch of a Job
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 06:18:37 pm »
great price, nice 1!!!!!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

xxmattyxx

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 06:43:30 pm »
I always say to them about plants encroaching on windows and window access and ask them to prune them back.

If you cant get to the window, how can they expect you to clean it?

Bit like asking someone to lay a carpet with all the furniture in the room.

Matt

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 06:51:33 pm »
You're doing the insides. For the internal roof will you use applicator and then blade(squeegee) on a pole?

Davew

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 08:21:17 pm »
unbelievable any more like that in Somerset I'll have to charge a couple of hundred for fuel though. ;)

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 09:34:15 pm »
You're doing the insides. For the internal roof will you use applicator and then blade(squeegee) on a pole?
VGS I refused to do the inside, I'm only doing the outside.

unbelievable any more like that in Somerset I'll have to charge a couple of hundred for fuel though. ;)
Dave you can have that one if you like, it will be a real  pain in the a**e. to get to the other side of the roof you have to go the other side of an 8' wall and do it from a ladder. ::)

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 10:45:58 pm »
It's not even white plastic. It can't take you more than 90mins worse.

I've got some insides to do. Is the pole (with trad tools on the end) the best way?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 10:59:45 pm »
Very nice price.  She sure likes her plants though.Very nice price.  She sure likes her plants though.

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 09:23:04 am »
It's not even white plastic. It can't take you more than 90mins worse.

I've got some insides to do. Is the pole (with trad tools on the end) the best way?
When I do inside I use a step ladder and applicator with squeegie.
The only time I used a pole inside was for any high windows on the sides but never on the roof.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 02:08:45 pm »
I don't know how you did that when you was trad!  :o :o :o

Shaun R.

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 04:55:33 pm »
I don't know how you did that when you was trad!  :o :o :o

Shaun R.
Shaun you need to buy one of these! Connect to customers tap and wash away ;D the one in the picture extends to 10'

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 05:00:44 pm »
Here is the results Guy's, I couldn't bring my self to charge her the full £185 for 70 minutes work?

So I charged her £150 on the condition she has it done on a regular basis, then I would charge her £100, so I have to do it twice a year now ;D customer was over the moon with the results.

LWC

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 05:04:08 pm »
superb wow

you got good money for that!

i must MUST put my prices up  ???

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:40 pm »
superb wow

you got good money for that!

i must MUST put my prices up  ???
I only priced it at that price because I really didn't want the Job, as it was I got tangled up by so many shrubs, bushes and tree's,  I recon  I could have knocked a good 10 minutes of the Job if it wasn't for the tangles.