Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Belt clip/end of hose
« on: April 16, 2007, 09:23:49 am »
I know im probably too late as most of you will be at work already (where I should be by now :-[) but I jst got a new schrarder fitting for the end of my minibore hose and fitted to it is a on/off valve. (like a tap)

How can I attach it to my waist and walk out from the van? Any ideas?

Ian_Giles

Re: Belt clip/end of hose
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 02:49:34 pm »
Well, my method is to use a cheap caribina connected to some webbing I cut off a cheap ratchet strap.
I wear it like a sash, the microbore hose is clipped onto the caribina and held in place by the multi-coloured foam ball used to protect the end of the hose.

Some like it clipped to their waist, but I find it easier to use like a sash.

Makes one hell of a difference too, it also means you don't need 30ft of pole hose draping around everything.
My main pole hose is only about 18ft long...tops, maybe not even that long, makes life so much easier ;)
I also have a brush with 35ft of pole hose on for the high offices I do.

I'll take a pic or two, a visual image is probably easier to follow...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:19:56 pm »
Thanks ian.

I know what you mean but pics would help. Look forward to seeing them.

Cheers

Matthew
Clear Vison

G & M

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:54:56 pm »
Clear vision, we use a small crocidile clip attached to the hose  with a cable tie.
Very basic but effective. We have the on/off valve on a short piece of hose (couple of inches either side) and attacht it to the end of the hose on the reel which means if we want to extend it we simply add in a section of hose and move the valve to the end of that. I hope this makes sense.
Regards Michael

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:56:27 pm »
Ok, here are a couple of quick pics, please ignore the..er...disgarded trolley in the background...I no longer need to use it!

First pic shows a grimacing 'me' wearing my sash, holding pole hose and short pole, all ready to walk off to wherever I might need to work, it's a piece of cake to pop it off the microbore (easier than farting about with the online valve actually, thouogh on my pole hose the valve is slightly the wrong position, it really needs to be very close to the end of the pole hose)

The 2nd pic just shows a close up of the caribina (just a cheapy one you'd use as a key fob really)
As I've said, many would prefer to use it as a belt, I prefer it as a sash as I find it easier to lift it off over my head, rather than fiddle around unclipping it off the caribina, as the pic shows, I'm a fat old bugger and my belly gets in the way :-\

Anyway, hope the pics help in some way.

Ian

Pic 2.

Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES