Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Do you
« on: April 18, 2007, 05:47:15 pm »
Do you clean your own windows, I do mine and about 6 others near to me . I am thinking of getting another window cleaner(Jase ) to do mine and the others that I do in my street. They are becoming a pest , because I live near them they will call around and tell me that a bird has just made a mess on there windows and can I go and wash it off. I think they are more trouble than they are worth .

scrimit2

Re: Do you
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 05:52:56 pm »
I do most of my street, lickily they dont bother me, but I rarely clean my own  ;D

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 05:55:03 pm »
HAHA

Had to laff at the last bot john!... . .

I feel the same as you there is window cleaners that come up our road but i only do 1 around the corner luckly there young so not really botherd about the windows:P as if it was an old lady....

I try not to do the nabours for as u say they will just come round and nock on your door! or if your late by one day or something.

I hardly ever do mine :D they could do with doing now but il only do them when moaned at  :P

Dave
Dave.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 05:57:33 pm »
I lived on an estate that I still clean so would do my windows every month.  Never had a problem with the customers though, it was good as most would pop the money through the door.

If a customer asked me to come back to do a window because a bird had done it business on it I would charge them well.  Soon they would stop asking as they realized that they would not get freebies.

For 3 and a half years I've lived on a different estate, in that time I cleaned the windows about 5 times, however since going wfp I've done them nearly every week.

Simon.

Jason Atwell

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 06:03:32 pm »
John, you might think again when you see what i charge!!!!!!!! :D
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

pylofm

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 06:12:42 pm »
I clean my own windows about twice a month and do not clean any windows in the estate I live in as where I live is not where I want to work...I just like to keep a divide between the two.

Cheers
Dave.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 06:16:33 pm »
Good advice Pylo, never sxxt on your own doorstep.

EasyClean

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 07:08:04 pm »
Cleaned my windows today and will never clean the neighbours. I don't take my work home with me.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 07:12:48 pm »
I get the lads to clean mine when I start getting grief off the missus!! 

Either that or if I am trialing someone out I get them to clean my windows and frames to show them how to do it and to see how good they are, I can then take them inside and show them the results from the customers perspective.

gary999

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 09:04:10 pm »
nope! hoping to get the wife trained to go up ladders then she can do them ;D

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 09:39:11 pm »
I traind my Boss to use wfp, so if she needs them cleaned she can do them her self, ;D 'WELL' she makes me put the dishes in the dish washer ;D ;D

markybop

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 06:04:32 pm »
I clean mine wfp as often as i can,
I then go inside an inspect really closely to see what Im doing right or wrong......
you know wot they say "Practice makes ......." :P
splish-splash....give me the cash!

Pittmonkey

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 06:27:49 pm »
LoL!! Thats excatly what i'll be doing in the morning. Spent the week sorting the Van out ready to start pumping in the morning, should be the cleanest windows in town by tomorrow night  ;D (or the spottiest)

I dont plan on working within about a mile of my home, but you never know :)

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 07:26:10 pm »
My other half asked the lads to clean ours so they did
and left a bill
£300
now when she asks they say we would but you haven't paid last times yet
 ;D

LWC

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 07:53:26 pm »
i used to live in a road in town and i did a load in the street was so easy just to walk out the door, never found them to be a problem though

i have moved now and i still do the street and more, and now where i live, (is in the middle of no where granted with no neighbours close) but picked up loads down here

i like working near my home, but thats me, all got our own prefences

matt

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 11:08:19 pm »
i do a fair few in my cul-de-sac, they are ok, when its time to do them again, they allways come up and ask, then i fit them in

i try to do mine a few times a year to keep the mrs happy ;)

brett walker

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 01:01:04 am »
Ive got my wife a backpack and pole she can do them herself  ;) ;D  I dont do any work round where i live as there is 2 other window cleaners

Brett