Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pylofm

How many jobs per week
« on: April 15, 2007, 10:33:41 am »
A bit of a odd question here but how many jobs (wfp) do you do per day/week...I know all houses are different but just would make interesting information for me.

This question is ideally for those working alone..

Cheers
Dave.

austin

Re: How many jobs per week
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:19:38 am »
at least 30 if doing houses

S.A.J

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 03:12:16 pm »
If working own my own :

All houses would be a minimum of £10

Lazy day 10 houses

Average day 15 houses

Good day 20 houses

Very good day 25 houses

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 03:19:20 pm »

I don't count number of houses. I have in mind what I need to earn for the week and do as many houses as I need to.

If I achieve my target by lunchtime thursday...happy days and a long weekend ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 09:09:42 pm »
If working own my own :

All houses would be a minimum of £10

Lazy day 10 houses

Average day 15 houses

Good day 20 houses

Very good day 25 houses

Spot on ;)

How many you do in a day is irrelavent really, average semi's? you'll do 3 or 4 an hour, but it also depends on how compact your round is.

On Friday I did one semi in 8 minutes, had to drive to the next couple, slightly larger 22 minutes the pair, drove to the next one, about 7 minutes, next couple another short drive 9 or 10 minutes for the one, about 6 minutes for the other.

Another one was more like 25 minutes plus customer chat another 10 minutes!
The last account of the day was about 50 minutes.

I did just 9 houses on friday, plus £43 worth of commercials (shops) and turned over £165 in total, finishing work about 3.45pm.

Some will do more, some will do less, but it is that end figure that is all important!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

pylofm

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 09:27:56 pm »
I knew the question was very vague and not precise it is just that sometimes I feel that I take far to long cleaning houses....most of my three bed semi's take me between 30 and 50 minutes....I just seem to lose time throughout the day and take far too long on houses....

Cheers
Dave.

steve k

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 09:30:24 pm »
Dave,
a semi should be a maximum of 20 minutes...I cannot see how it could take any longer... ???

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 09:44:49 pm »
I'd agree with Steve, very hard to see how an average semi could take you much longer than 20 minutes, particularly with WFP.

But even done trad, the average semi should only be taking you 20 minutes at the most.

you may not average 3 an hour, but once you have started work on the house, and providing said average semi has approx 12 standard windows & doors or so, 20 minutes should see you finished comfortably.

With WFP, providing the house is straight forward, 15 minutes absolute tops.

On a regular, repeat clean, with WFP a house of this nature should take you no more than about 12 minutes to do.

I'm not talking about setting up and putting away, just the work itself should be completed without too much effort, easily under 15 minutes, and I mean really easily.

One of the ones I listed was a straight forward semi with easy access, 11 windows including 2 doors, on the south side the frames had oxidised, but I still did the job in 8 minutes (timed) and that also included setting up and packing away.

I think that perhaps you need to tag along with someone for a morning and see where you might perhaps be going wrong...

but it does need to be someone who is cleaning standard houses in under 15 minutes...

Ian

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:57 pm »
Well I gotta say 30 mins for an average semi is about the quickest I do and that isn't messing about, I do include frames/sills/doors for that time. To get it down to 10 mins or less I could only give the window a quick once over and very very quick rinse and not bother too much with the frames/sills/doors and because I still class myself as new to this game I haven't got confidence that that would do a sufficient job, obviously it does if you lot are not getting complaints but while I'm still not overloaded with work I can afford to give it that extra scrub and rinse just to make sure....ish ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 05:47:35 am »
Another thing to consider is flowrate, if I took 30 minutes on a semi I'd use in excess of 40 litres of water :o
By and large, you should only need to use between 15 and 20 litres, my own flowrate is somewhere around a litre and a half a minute, maybe even a little more than that.
But it's no good having a high flowrate if you don't have the confidence to work at a quick pace.

Ian

EasyClean

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 05:54:18 am »
The higher the flowrate of water, the quicker you work. It's pointless having the flow rate too high if you work slow because you'll just waste the water. Find the rate you're comfortable with for the speed you work at.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!