Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetguy

Service from Banks
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:20:14 pm »
Was in my local Royal B of S today and was delighted with the fantastic service..........as soon as a queue formed, a couple of staff appeared on the floor, speeding things up considerably, by ensuring everyone was ............in the right queue.........had paperwork correctly filled in...........etc, the difference in customer turnover, was impressive...........they have also shut down their overseas call centres and actually phone you, if you " hit the red line "to call in for a review.

We had our o/d facility increased from £600 to £2000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff Jewkes

Re: Service from Banks
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:38:38 pm »
You sound really pleased about being skint !?

Phillip Mold

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:41:13 pm »
Exactly, what rate of interest are they taking off you while they smile at you?
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

carpetguy

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 09:15:59 am »
Cynical, or what ?

Post something cheerful and positive and GUESS WHAT THE REACTION WILL BE ?

Just mentioning GOOD SERVICE from a bank and their positive attitude compared with most of the others.

This particular account was set up 12 years ago, with £600 o/d facility and following one phone call, to have the account reviewed, I felt the Bank were extremely helpfull and was impressed by the general atmosphere within the branch.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:17:19 am »
HSBC have just gone to free banking, they are great. Never had a problem with them.

Chris34

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 10:49:33 am »
Forget free banking how about a bank that pays you to have your money?  I've just switched to alliance and leicesters current accout plus that gives you 5.9% interest on all balances up to £2,500 for the first 12 months and thereafter gives you the base rate less 1%. 

My natwest account that I used gave me 0.1% interest, so just by switching accounts I'm getting nearly 60 times more interest. 

They also give you £500 interest free overdraft for first 12 months and thereafter charge you 5.9% on any overdraft and the account is a current account.  8)

Chris

carpetguy

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 12:29:28 pm »
I quit Alliance  / Leicester after 20 years, due to poor service ! and TEN DAYS to clear cheques !!!

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 05:42:01 pm »
No queing barclays, straight to business counter  :)

Art of Clean

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 03:24:53 pm »
FREE BUSINESS BANKING!!!!

By joinging the FSB you will qualify for free business banking with Cooperative Bank. FSB also have a load more benefits. Have a look at www.fsb.org.uk