Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RAM Cleaning

Wool + red wine
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:06:55 pm »
Just been asked by a custy whos carpet i cleaned about 3 months ago to come round and clean it again as they have spilt red wine in one area and coffee in another area, trouble is they have gone and applied all the stain removers they had lying around in the cupboard and it hasn't shifted it funnily enough.
I was going to try out presparying with onestep premium fineline and aggitating, my only concern about using the sebo to agitate is that the carpet is 100% wool (from memory) and when i used a spotting brush on it last time, a lot of the fibres were coming loose making the carpet looked matted (if that makes sense) any ideas on how to get around this??

Cheers

Richard

Mike Halliday

Re: Wool + red wine
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:23:24 pm »
tamp it with a brush (gently hit it) or i like to put my brush on the stain and 'vibrate' the pre-spray into the stain by shaking my hand very fast 8) 8)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RAM Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:33:23 pm »
thanks for the advice mike i'll try that, but you don't think i should run my sebo over the whole carpet??

Richard

nevil

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 11:04:19 pm »
I don't recall too many carpets that won't withstand a sebo duo. It is normal, although alarming to get some fluff coming away as you agitate. Particularly on newish wool carpets. I would have thought that the sebo would be better saved for cleaning larger areas. Even if you decide not to adopt Mikes method, make sure you do not scrub at the pile or you could do damage to the fibres.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 11:25:55 pm »
If its a white/Beige/Cream carpet you could try & use Chemspec Spray & Go after you have flushed out the Vanish/1001 they have used.

Very difficult to remove Red Wine & Coffee on a Wool carpet, but this is probably the best chance you will have.

Dont rub Wool, it will go fuzzy and you will burst the pile!

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

capital-services

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 12:12:05 am »
message to Phil:- hope your c/cleaning is doing better than your team.

Dennis (new 20hp truckmount woodbridge)
www.capitalservicesltd.co.uk      Professional Facilities Solutions

RAM Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 08:13:25 pm »
hi

Thanks for the advice guys, i see what you mean about using the sebo as im only going around as a favour to try and remove the new stains and not clean the whole carpet, what the best way to flush the vanish/1001 out just extract with water before moving on to using splitters or spotters??

apoligises if this question seems basic knowledge

Richard