Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fivestar Cleaning

Informing Customers
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:09:07 pm »
Hi All

I'm new here so bear with me if this one has been asked before. I'm just about ready to switch from traditional to water fed pole, I've tried verbally explaining to a few customers but have received some very confused looks. Is there a standard letter I can use that will do the job for me?

Thanks

brett walker

Re: Informing Customers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:25:53 pm »
Hi Fivestar

welcome to the forum whats your location the above letter is spot on you can adapt it to your needs

regards

Brett

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 11:12:18 pm »
Send me your email address and I will send you a copy of our letter we use for first cleans.

Regards, Trevor
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

aztec

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 11:19:41 pm »
would you mind sending me your first clean letter please trevor

leebennett30@aol.com

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 11:25:33 pm »
would you mind sending me your first clean letter please trevor

leebennett30@aol.com

you have mail!

danny mckim

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 11:36:36 pm »
can i have a copy as well mate

Trevor Knight

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 06:58:17 am »
you have mail

Pittmonkey

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 07:54:32 am »
Hi Trevor

I have the doc from above link. wouldn't mind a copy of yours if that's OK

Cheers
Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

ronaldo

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:10:25 am »
Fivestar, there are loads of letters around that explain the ins and out of your new method of cleaning (ie) waterfed pole.

But personally i think your better of just turning up and getting on with it and if questioned just say this is how we clean them from now on and dont worry about your windows being left wet as the water we use is pure and your windows will dry.

Telling the customer things like you may get the odd spotting here and there just gives them more urge to look for any mistakes you may have made, and you will make a few whilst your adjusting to the new system.

When we changed over we never informed anybody and the ones that you lose dont worry as they will quickly be replaced with better work and more profitable, at the end of the day the customer just wants clean windows and as long as you acheive this result they will not give a hoot about how they are being cleaned.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 08:48:50 am »
Well said Ronaldo.
I've just turned up, told them I've had to go this way due to injury, and said how it does the frames and plastics.

Haven't even had so much as a funny look.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 09:34:35 am »
Fivestar, there are loads of letters around that explain the ins and out of your new method of cleaning (ie) waterfed pole.

But personally i think your better of just turning up and getting on with it and if questioned just say this is how we clean them from now on and dont worry about your windows being left wet as the water we use is pure and your windows will dry.

Telling the customer things like you may get the odd spotting here and there just gives them more urge to look for any mistakes you may have made, and you will make a few whilst your adjusting to the new system.

When we changed over we never informed anybody and the ones that you lose dont worry as they will quickly be replaced with better work and more profitable, at the end of the day the customer just wants clean windows and as long as you acheive this result they will not give a hoot about how they are being cleaned.

To be fair, the letter helps when you have cleaned your customers windows who were out and have just returned to find their windows soaking wet. It also helps when you do get spotting that the customer is pre warned rather than thinking what a bad system it is, doesn't complain but then looks elsewhere as they are not happy.

Its horses for courses if you chose to leave a letter or not, as for you not leaving letters I have had as much success leaving letters. I have also had a couple of customers comment on the spots and making reference to our letter saying they wern't to bothered as I had told them to possibly expect it?

Whichever way you do it, as long as it works for you and your customers, thats all that matters?

Pittmonkey

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 10:51:24 am »
Hi Trevor

Could you send me a copy of your letter.

Thanks.
Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Trevor Knight

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 03:56:24 pm »
Hi Trevor

Could you send me a copy of your letter.

Thanks.
Wayne

you have mail

Fivestar Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 03:58:59 pm »
Hi Again

Thanks to all who have taken the trouble to reply. Sorry I haven't got back to you but I've been overwhelmed with loads of other problems. I work in the Woodhouse area of Sheffield and as far as I know I'm the only domestic to go the WFP route  around here.

I built my own trolley system  and I think saved over a grand doing so.  I've not made the switch yet but have tried verbally explaining and got some very disbelieving looks from customers. I'll let you know how it goes in future weeks.

Thanks again

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 06:07:49 pm »
Hi Again

Thanks to all who have taken the trouble to reply. Sorry I haven't got back to you but I've been overwhelmed with loads of other problems. I work in the Woodhouse area of Sheffield and as far as I know I'm the only domestic to go the WFP route  around here.

I built my own trolley system  and I think saved over a grand doing so.  I've not made the switch yet but have tried verbally explaining and got some very disbelieving looks from customers. I'll let you know how it goes in future weeks.

Thanks again
I always like to keep my customers informed, so months before I changed over, I verbally explained to them about wfp, I also took this time to clean all the frames, especially all the tops while I was still on the ladder.
This made my first clean so much easier, knowing the frames were relatively clean.

When I did change to wfp, I gave all my customers the letter and I have not lost one customer.

It probablly works both ways, if you do or you don't give them a letter, it just made me feel better that I was intouch with my customers.

brett walker

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 06:40:48 pm »
Send me your email address and I will send you a copy of our letter we use for first cleans.

Regards, Trevor

Hi Trevor

could you please send me a copy of your version

brett_walker@hotmail.co.uk

thankyou

Brett

Fivestar Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 03:47:55 pm »
Hi Trevor I sent you a private email but just in case my address for the letter is paulrickett1@tiscali.co.uk

Thanks again