Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

b.turner

wfp for sale?
« on: April 13, 2007, 11:38:10 pm »
hi there,
 i have a nissan vanette (cargo) red, great condition, 140,000 miles, loads of hitory, just had new battery and cam belt changed, wfp system, nothing special, with 250 litre water tank, ro, di, 18ft pole, everything you would need to window clean wfp style, also a 3 stage ladder, plus other bits and window cleaning bolts, and £1000 woth of business a month, average house clean around £12.00 for 3 bed semis, work can be done in a week easy, at most actually, been going for a year, how much you guys think i could get, regards

b.turner

Re: wfp for sale?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:39:31 pm »
the van is a 2000, w reg, 6 months tax, 10 months m.o.t

b.turner

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 11:40:36 pm »
caterham surrey, junction six of m25, 5 mile radius of work

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 02:27:02 am »
hi there,
 i have a nissan vanette (cargo) red, great condition, 140,000 miles, loads of hitory, just had new battery and cam belt changed, wfp system, nothing special, with 250 litre water tank, ro, di, 18ft pole, everything you would need to window clean wfp style, also a 3 stage ladder, plus other bits and window cleaning bolts, and £1000 woth of business a month, average house clean around £12.00 for 3 bed semis, work can be done in a week easy, at most actually, been going for a year, how much you guys think i could get, regards

Maybe 4 and a half grand all in.  Maybe 6 grand.

Checked van prices on autotrader so maybe £2,100 for the van (assuming that it's speedlined or similar).  System in van with the pole perhaps £300 - £400 (hey I'm no expert)   :)  .  With the ladder and  unspecified bits and  bobs you may be talking around the 2 and a half grand mark - perhaps a bit more.   Work seems to sell at 1 - 3 times its value normally but it depends on its quality, access issues (if any), and any other issues such as dodgy parking, whether WFP is a reasonable option, how much of it is commercial etc.
So some variables there but depending on how someone feels about the van/system and the quality of work I reckon somewhere between my first two figures would be thereabouts.  However, something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.

While we are on the subject, if you are actually selling rather than making a tentative enquiry, would you separate selling the work from selling the vehicle?  I already have a van and WFP system  The work is a bit outside my normal area (I'm from Crawley and go as far up as Redhill/Reigate/Blindley Heath at the moment) but if the work is reasonably lucrative, I would consider crossing the M25 to do it.  I don't do appointments though unless it's a very big job and good access and reasonable parking are important to me.

Just an initial enquiry in case you are thinking about it.  Obviously we would  both have the right to not go ahead if it didn't feel right.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 02:40:01 am »
Maybe I was a bit high with van value.  Just seen another site that reckons £1,880 for that year and mileage in good condition on a private sale.