Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shaunjames

water purification
« on: March 30, 2007, 07:50:23 pm »
Can anybody advise on a which  budget system to purify water. I was going to invest in an RO but have been thinking about going for a Merlin system. A friend of mine though says the water from the Merlin still comes out about 40-50 tds unless you get a water softner too. Would the water through a 100GPD RO be purer but take much longer to produce, whilst on the subject exactly what is 100GPD. 12hours, 24? i know mains pressure is important, but what is per day.
Thanks
Shaun

brightnclean

Re: water purification
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 08:04:53 pm »
Merlins are cr*p if you have low water pressure and anything other than soft to softish water.. Their only redeeming factor is that they can produce water quickly.

The GPD quoted on the smaller 100, 200,300 units is over a 24 hr period but you wont ever ger that figures quoted. We just dont have the water conditions here in the UK to get them.

I have a 300 GPD unit on decent water pressure and get around 8 to 900 ltrs per 24 hrs out of it.

shaunjames

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:10:52 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Portsmouth, is there anybody on the forum local that knows anybody that will sell you water, I believe Skypole did, but not any longer.

macmac

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 10:40:10 pm »
depending on your tap water tds why not just get a DI vessel?

tony