Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

WATER FED POLE SYSTEM
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:19:20 am »
Hi

I AM STILL VERY NEW TO W/C...

And i went wfp before xmas using a backpack, now, its fine and a good cheap start up for wfp, but its a bit of a pain using it,

constantly having to fill it, even for the guys with a pump it must be a ball ache,

wandering around a house , not only having to contend with a pole,.... but,.. hose getting caught on everthing that has a sharp end,.... and then lugging 25 litres of water on your back everyday becomes very frustrating and hard on your back, especially leaning back with your pole in the air and that weight on your back... not over heavy , but heavy enough to not being comfortable.

That said its a good way of finding out if wfp is for you. and the cheapest option.

personally i have had enough of messing about , filling it up every couple of houses ... sometimes even twice on a large house.

when it can be far easier , more enjoyable, and less messy just to throw the ladders against the wall and breeze through a couple of windows with ease with my trad tools.

Thats my opinion of the back pack....

For wfp.. i dont think you can beat the van mounted system which i will be upgrading to soon, but i will keep the backpack for the odd ones i cant get the van near.

its just my simple view, having started with trad then used a backpack for wfp.

trolleys may be the answer for most too.

but for me its vanmount or trad.... why mess around and make it hard?.. i have learnt. 

Gary. 

captain lard

Re: WATER FED POLE SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:26:03 am »
Interesting post from my point of view Gaz because I am trad but can see the benefit of a wfp option to me approach. The majority of my existing domestic round works well with a trad technique but there are some jobs where wfp would be safer and easier, plus if I had a backpack I could canvass potential customers where trad gear and ladders wont do the job. So I am looking at a mix and match approach but see your point about refining your effort even more as you have experimented and see the way ahead. Good luck mate.

pylofm

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 06:55:21 am »
I have a van mount and have a backpack and bought the backpack initially to do the odd job but am now finding that as I get used to various houses I use the backpack more and more to do 'certain' parts of a house...say the back...so all in all it gets used where its faster/smarter than using the hose...

Just another tool in the tool box...would be without it ;D ;D

Cheers
Dave.

geefree

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:41:24 am »
ye i can surely see the advantages of a backpack but full time with it can be a little tefious...

does anyone else use it alone for wfp?

Gary.

macmac

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 07:37:44 pm »
I agree with your points gazza, you will be better off with a van mount.

tony

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 07:44:25 pm »
only if it suits your round and customer base!
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 10:50:45 pm »
I have a backpack and a van mount, and although the van mount is great for large commercial jobs, I prefer to use the backpack for most work. You soon get used to the weight, and no long trailing hose to worry about. Mind you somedays I just cannot be bothered with any of it, and get the ladders off the van, which makes a nice change and gives the job a bit of variety. :)

johnm

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 11:06:59 pm »
i have van mount  400 litrer tank with 100 mtr minibore it takes a bit of geting used to but if you park your van in the right place its great you can do a good few houses