Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Air
« on: March 26, 2007, 06:56:00 pm »
Seem to be getting air in my system. Everything works fine for a while then suddenly no water and my pump starts cycling. When I disconnect the hose I can see the air bubbles pumping out and can hear the water gurgling in my DI vessel I have my DI before the pump would things improve if I moved it after the pump and pressurised it or are my Hoselock connections letting air in?

Davew

Re: Air
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:17:26 pm »
Right, I've Gaffa taped my connections up I'll try it tomorrow.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:21:51 pm »
Try Tank-pump-di-hose

To unblock suck up the end of the first hose connection after the pump

Dave

macmac

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:01:19 am »
i would put DI after pump, it is a pressure vessel after all, i find its works far better pushing water through the DI units rather than sucking. less air gets sucked in i find.

tony

steve k

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:17:58 am »
I have just installed a system in my new van and used 15m push fit plastic pipe and fittings... :(
The pump would not prime at all...so I thought it was a dodgy pump...sent it back and fitted the replacement...same again!
I was sat at bcak of van scratching my head and thought "I have never seen plastic tubing used as plumbing for a wfp system so maybe that could be the reason"

A quick change over to 1/2" hose and clamps and worked first time... ;D

Yesterday, was working and the pressure dropped at brush head so I checked the water level in tank (400l flat) and there looked to be a couple of inches so carried on running the pump...looked inside the tank and seen that the level was below the outet valve so I had been pumping air for 5 minutes... :o

Ended up driving home to run water through the system from my garden hose pipe to remove air and then pump started up again no problems.
So don`t pump fresh air...keep an eye on your water levels.

Davew

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 08:25:31 am »
Taped up all my Hoselock joints but still my pump kept cycling and pushing out bubbles in the water stream. Finally I put my di vessel after the pump and straight away I could hear the leak when it pressurised - turned out to be one of the screw rings on top of the vessel I now have a pressure washer wfp!