Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

captain lard

how quick can you expand your customer base
« on: March 27, 2007, 11:10:19 pm »
As summer approaches I could really do with increasing my income, obviously there is a factor regarding number of customers and pricing. I have been a member here for about a year and realise the relevance of canvassing and good pricing. My pricing leaves a lot to be desired but it is something I realise and am working on.
What I am wondering is has anyone experienced a real take off in terms of income over a short period.
I am pondering setting up a backpack type wfp option which might give me an advantage as I could tackle a lot of awkward domestic jobs locally which trad operators have to struggle with given the design of new houses for example. I am really looking for some inspiration here.

Helen

Re: how quick can you expand
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 02:55:23 pm »
Have you advertised with already existing customers that you gutters con roofs etc etc, The more work in one place the more ££ in yer pocket ;D Also existing customers an neighbours who are not with you, get you customers to pass on yer details

captain lard

Re: how quick can you expand
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 08:59:57 pm »
Thanks for the advice, will bear them in mind along with the approach I was going to take re advertising and canvassing but what I was wondering was has anyone seen their business really take off in a short space of time. by that I mean did anyone suddenly attract a lot of customers very quickly in a short period, 2 ir 3 months for example and was there any particular reason for it.

captain lard

Re: how quick can you expand your customer base
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 01:01:56 am »
I really thought I would get some feedback on this and am surprised it has not been responded to but I have tweaked the thread title and maybe I havent been clear in what I am chasing.
I am wondering if you bring in a wfp option to your armoury can this help you increase your number of customers and quickly.

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 04:04:09 am »
I really thought I would get some feedback on this and am surprised it has not been responded to but I have tweaked the thread title and maybe I havent been clear in what I am chasing.
I am wondering if you bring in a wfp option to your armoury can this help you increase your number of customers and quickly.

maybe. But it will definitely earn you an extra quid or 2 on most of your existing jobs that have windows above a conservatory.

captain lard

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 09:19:49 am »
True.
There are also a lot of houses which have very awkward if not impossible ladder access, especially on new builds.