Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Re: Pole wearing away
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 07:06:47 pm »
brett
if you buy a facelift pole you can just buy a new section if it wears, any section,just slip the new one on, no tools or glue or anything thats the beauty of a de-mountable telescopic pole, you never need to buy a whole new pole again.
is it only me that sees this as a MASSIVE benefit?? ;) ;)

tony

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 07:25:09 pm »
Brett, you may know the new Ergo 2 has a slightly tapered conical base on each section so they do not come apart and has different clamps (and will soon have totally new clamps), so it resists the wear probs on the old poles. The Facelifts got smart clamps as well.

brett walker

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 07:35:05 pm »
Cheers guys

Jeff, the ergolite 2 only starts at 35 ft

regards

Brett

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 08:14:28 pm »
Brett I didnt know that but then you could take out a section or two if you wanted lower ?

NWH

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 09:28:30 pm »
If your willing to pay they will make you any size you want at a price,ring em and you`ll see for yourself.

neil100

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 09:51:47 pm »
I put some insulating tape round the top of my poles, IE when fully closed. That allows the pole clamp to lock. I just wrap the tape around once to allow the clamp to slide over it and it seams to do the trick.

If the clamp is not gripping on most of the length of the pole. Run the tape down the length of the pole pressing firmly. If thats enough Bobs your uncle. It might need another length of tape on the oppiste side if its still not tight.

You might get another  6 months life out of your pole for spending a few pence.

Nel.

brett walker

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 10:55:35 pm »
I put some insulating tape round the top of my poles, IE when fully closed. That allows the pole clamp to lock. I just wrap the tape around once to allow the clamp to slide over it and it seams to do the trick.

If the clamp is not gripping on most of the length of the pole. Run the tape down the length of the pole pressing firmly. If thats enough Bobs your uncle. It might need another length of tape on the oppiste side if its still not tight.

You might get another  6 months life out of your pole for spending a few pence.

Nel.

cheers  nel  :)

will try that

brett

choice.clean

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 12:31:00 am »
here is something i learnt a while ago poles actually wear, from the inside sections scraping the sections, when you telescope them (think about it) answer buy cord and cheap chain from b&q take brush head out use chain to drop through from bottom to thinnest part of pole with cord attached get some old scrim and soak in vaseline and wd40 and pull thru. this will lubricate internal sections thereby reducing friction do it 2 to 3 times per week and you will extend life of poles dramatically.
evidently its the way they used to lubricate gun barrels

Davew

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 07:44:13 am »
My poles are simply wearing where the clamps shave a layer off the outside every time they are extended and collapsed. Once the shine has gone they wear even faster.

choice.clean

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 08:50:49 am »
one final thought try brodex the new predator pole is so much less than the ionics and reasonable quality

groundhog

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 06:29:40 pm »
Reasonable quality!!! you have to be joking!! :o mine lasted about 4 months before it snapped in half!! :'( and it was tatty and worn within a month!!
I wouldn't buy another one if you you paid me!!!!!!!!!!!!