Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davidpitts

Backpack going green
« on: March 20, 2007, 03:26:42 pm »
Ihave been using backpack for about 5 months now , this morning i came to fill it up and the mesh filter came out when I took the lid off , it was then i noticed all the insides were covered in a green film which I am assuming is algae , has anyone any idea how this comes about and any ideas about whats best to use to clean it out , thanks Dave.    ???        Just checked tds and its coming out at zero

Biscute

Re: Backpack going green
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:33:14 pm »
how do you store it once you have finished?
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

davidpitts

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:34:52 pm »
I leave it in the van.

Biscute

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:46:28 pm »
Try taking the lid off so air gets at it and take it in, it will be from the long cold damp night.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 04:52:20 pm »
Mines left on the trailer in a garage full all night and all weekend.  Had it a year now, never had a problem!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

clean team

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 05:23:53 pm »
ITS BECAUSE IT IS  CLEAR PLASTIC.JUST HAD TO CLEAN MY STATIC IBC OUT. THAT HAD GONE A BIT GREEN. ITS WITH THE SUNLIGHT ON IT TRY TOP KEEP IT IN A DARK PLACE WHEN NOT USEING IT.

Adam Boss

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 05:31:21 pm »
I have a water feature in the back garden, i have had it for a few years now. you have to refill it with water so one day I filled it with pure water and within a week the stones had all turned green and were very slimey. After cleaning them I refilled with tap water and had no problems at all.
This problem was due to the pure water, why I don't know butmaybe some one has the answer.

Regards

Adam
EST: 1988

davidpitts

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 05:36:42 pm »
Thanks for the replies, what did you use to clean your ibc Clean Team I was thinking Jeyes fluid or TFR.