Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Hosereel wear
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:09:32 pm »
Done about a hundred cleans now and my hosereel is trying to twist the supply pipe when I unravel my microbore, it would seem that the connection is beginning to wear on the reel. Can this be prevented or repaired? Likewise my extender pole is showing signs of wear I'm forever having to tighten the clamps to try and stop it slipping. Overheads with wfp are looking quite costly.

drakestar!

Re: Hosereel wear
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 07:51:02 pm »
extender poles are very poor i changed mine for a brodex pole which is brill. go to gardinerpolesystems.co.uk and get the red metal reel, about £75. wfp is very expensive but once you buy quailty it wil last

neil100

Re: Hosereel wear
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:50:24 pm »
I can get over a years wear out of an 18' pole which i use 5 days a week. I try not to over tighten the clamps. If you do that it causes the fibreglass poles to wear out more quickly. You just want the clamp tight enough to clamp the pole so there is no lateral movement on the pole.

Vary the poles length in clamping can prolong the lifespan of the pole, What i mean by that is if you have an 18' pole dont allways pull the first pole all the way out and clamp it in the same place when you do an upstairs window, sometimes just pull it out 4' or 5'.

my poles usually go thin at their shortest length, ie my mini pole is used most often without extending the sections, but because i am giveing the glass a severe thrashing at times the clamp just wears out this section of pole, So it will grip the pole if I extended the pole were it as less wear. On the worn out section i wrap some insulating tape around the pole  just once. It allows the clamp to slide over the tape but when i close the clamp it grips the pole.

Nel