Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sarah Sarill

Correct way to Baffle IBC ?
« on: March 17, 2007, 08:06:51 am »
Having read back on old threads - i am still unclear about the correct way to baffle on-board tanks or indeed what with.

Downpipe ,  builders pipe (on a roll ?), and open guttering have all been mentioned.   Is there a correct diameter to use ?

Fitted side to side, front to back and verticle have been recommended so which is right ?

Such conflicting information  is really confusing.

Thanks,

Sarah
Sarah

Sarah Sarill

Re: Correct way to Baffle IBC ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 08:43:56 am »
Hmm -- better idea  :)

Can I kindly ask one of you guys with the plastic pre-baffled tanks to take a look and let me know how they are baffled please#.

Thanks,

sarah
Sarah

Pj

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 08:53:26 am »
Better if the tank is baffled front to back and side to side.  That way you slow down forward roll of water and side roll.  If you're only choosing one option, forward roll prevention is best, then if you have a heavy head on you don't quite get 100 charging bulls coming at you in the form of water.

So: To prevent forward roll, baffles run from side to side.
To prevent side to side roll, baffles run from front to back.
If using diy pipes, they should be wedged vertically.  Probably too late, but you would be better off with a pre baffled tank.

Better still, don't crash, and don't use the emergency stop option! ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 08:56:27 am »
Hi Sarah

You can do it 2 ways

first buy 6 meter lengths of osma drain pipe 110mm cut them into 600mm pieces and lay the tank on its side and and slide them in build them up in layers, keep doing this untill you cant get anymore in. But this is very expensive £200+.

Second way buy landrain pipe that is flexable and do the same, a bit more dificult to get in but same job and cheaper.

Roy

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:44:11 am »
Thanks both.
  :-*
Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 10:10:20 am »
Sarah,

We use 100mm underground rigid ducting, pretty well as Roy describes.  It's cheaper, and easier to use, but rinse all sawdust off before putting it in the tank.  Lay the tank on its side, valve down.  Up to half way, it's easy.  After that you have to lever the top ones up, to get others in beneath them.  When full, and the tank is upright, all the pieces of pipe  form a vertical honeycomb, and make very effective baffles.

Yours,

Andrew

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 10:26:21 am »
Thanks for that explanation Andrew  :)

im gonna have to do it ther hard way though as the tank was fitted yesterday  :-[

I will now know ready for our second van being done out in a few weeks time - so thanks guys  ;)

Sarah

Ps  good info for anyone else about to kit out a van though  ;)
Sarah

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 02:07:55 pm »
So when using the land drain option you dont just feed in the whole coil so it just ends up in a big ball?

Thats what I thought had been described on a previous post.

So you actually cut it in the same way as if fitting soil pipe!!

Please anyone correct me if Ive got that wrong  ;D

Alistair