Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craig jwc

Are you covered?
« on: March 19, 2007, 08:11:07 am »
Not working today because of the weather here. If it wasn't for the wind i would be out there.

Just wondered if the Insurance covered you if you were working in the wind (very strong gusts here) and broke a window?

Do you think they would say you shouldn't be working in those conditions and say you aren't covered?

I am wfp and do work when it's wet, but it's just this wind.

Craig

Llaaww

Re: Are you covered?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:25:37 am »
I lost my fence last night, the wind here is mad, but iam two doors from the beach iin cornwall.
Not going out this morning, too much like hard work in weather like this.

don't know about insurance and weather, usually though they are not worth the paper they are written on even if it is sunny. after all the small print you would probably be covered for shark attack and leaky wellies, just don't break any windows  :(
if it is dirty it is fair game

Pj

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:44:12 am »
Public liability insurance doesn't cover you for the window you're working on.

S.A.J

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 02:08:04 pm »
Come on guys the weather is not that bad down here in the Southwest

Just a gentle breeze and a slight chill in the air  ;) ;D

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 07:46:56 pm »
My Public Liability does cover me for the window I am working on and the whole of the property I am working on unlike most PL policies, but then I do have to pay about double for the privilege.

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:22:07 pm »
Not working today because of the weather here. If it wasn't for the wind i would be out there.

Just wondered if the Insurance covered you if you were working in the wind (very strong gusts here) and broke a window?

Do you think they would say you shouldn't be working in those conditions and say you aren't covered?

Craig

Hi Craig, I live not too far from you and I was out near Dartmoor today which was covered in snow but I was out working in the rain,sleet, hail, strong winds, who cares, it pays my bills. Just put a coat on and you'll be fine!!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:47:43 pm »
I worked this morning in sight of the old Severn Bridge and it was very gusty and squally up the Bristol Channel 'til about 11 and then again in the afternoon from about 3 on residential - but nothing to stop me working and I'm no lover of rain.

Got PL thanks!
It's a game of three halves!

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:58:40 pm »
My Public Liability does cover me for the window I am working on and the whole of the property I am working on unlike most PL policies, but then I do have to pay about double for the privilege.

Alex,

Out of interest who's your PL with and how much do you pay

Regards

Alistair

craig jwc

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 11:03:18 pm »

Craig

Hi Craig, I live not too far from you and I was out near Dartmoor today which was covered in snow but I was out working in the rain,sleet, hail, strong winds, who cares, it pays my bills. Just put a coat on and you'll be fine!!

It was only that alot of my work today needed the 40 foot pole and there was no way i was going to hang onto that in this wind.

Done it before and it was really hard going, so i wasn't going to bother.

I ment to ask you a while ago.
Someone from the flats at the bottom of Queensway asked me to start doing their windows whilst i was cleaning the Horse/Pet food shop & Hairdressers. I know you do them so gave them your number. Just wondered if they got in touch?

Craig

EasyClean

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 11:42:06 pm »
It was only that alot of my work today needed the 40 foot pole and there was no way i was going to hang onto that in this wind.

Done it before and it was really hard going, so i wasn't going to bother.

I ment to ask you a while ago.
Someone from the flats at the bottom of Queensway asked me to start doing their windows whilst i was cleaning the Horse/Pet food shop & Hairdressers. I know you do them so gave them your number. Just wondered if they got in touch?

Craig

If it was the top flat above the shop then I've got it, if it was someone else then no they haven't phoned yet but I'm sure I'll get them next time, thank-you.
I don't blame you for not doing high ones today. I always try and keep some low work for days like today, preferably bungalows or domestic houses.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!