Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Letting Agency's
« on: March 16, 2007, 12:01:06 pm »
Hi Guy's
I did a one off the other day for a guy who had to have his windows cleaned before he left the property, charged him a little extra for the one off and gave him a receipt.

Today I had a phone call from the Letting agency praising the standard of work I did ;D (give's me a little boost now and again ;D), The woman asked if I would be interested in taking on the contract for cleaning all the property's within a 15 mile radius.
Most of my work is normally within 3 miles of my home, but has anyone any dealings with letting agency's?
if so How do I go about pricing these type of Job's bearing in mind there all one off's and to travel say 15 miles (30 mile round trip) to do a normally £5/£6 house ( I wouldn't have thought they would be big property's) is it worth Considering  or should I just politely refuse the contract??

Many thanks Guy's

Pat Purcell

Re: Letting Agency's
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 01:31:08 pm »
If they were happy with your work and they have seen the receipt for the job then whatever you charged for the initial one would be a good guide
Why not tell them that your fairly busy now but you could squeeze them in on mildly wet days as the finish will be just the same and the person who lives there won't care as they are moving
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 02:04:55 pm »
If they were happy with your work and they have seen the receipt for the job then whatever you charged for the initial one would be a good guide
Why not tell them that your fairly busy now but you could squeeze them in on mildly wet days as the finish will be just the same and the person who lives there won't care as they are moving
Good tips pat, but don't they need them cleaned for the next tenant moving in so there may be a short space in between the old moving out and the new one in?
Loads of questions for something I know nothing about. ;)

The first one I cleaned was in my own area, so I didn't have to worry about time and travelling costs?

Pat Purcell

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 02:25:51 pm »
I may be wrong but i didn't think you would have to wait that long for a wet day in the UK ;D
If you're only slightly interested push it a little,
Find out how many propertys they are talking about and what kind of frequency would they be in need of a window cleaner
Would they mind passing your name onto the new tenant and reccommending you
Would they be willing to pay milage on top of your price etc...
If you make it something that works in your favour then it might be worth it
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 02:32:27 pm »
I may be wrong but i didn't think you would have to wait that long for a wet day in the UK ;D
If you're only slightly interested push it a little,
Find out how many propertys they are talking about and what kind of frequency would they be in need of a window cleaner
Would they mind passing your name onto the new tenant and reccommending you
Would they be willing to pay milage on top of your price etc...
If you make it something that works in your favour then it might be worth it
One or two good questions you raised there pat, I do need to phone her to ask, but if the answers comes back no then it won't be worth it.
Thanks Pat ;)
P.S. 1 week of sunshine so far, and its still shining  ;D

J. Deans

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 02:51:52 pm »
Good, regular and long-term work with letting agents and property management companies.

Go for it! Simply call, get the addresses and go and survey - submit quote.
No big hassle. You already have your foot in the door (they want you!)

I know WC's that do numerous small blocks of flats in a certain area on a monthly basis. Good money, easy work, they tell me (WFP of course)

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 04:44:57 pm »
Good, regular and long-term work with letting agents and property management companies.

Go for it! Simply call, get the addresses and go and survey - submit quote.
No big hassle. You already have your foot in the door (they want you!)

I know WC's that do numerous small blocks of flats in a certain area on a monthly basis. Good money, easy work, they tell me (WFP of course)
I certainly do have my foot in the door, The area Manager wants me to do her own house ;D
Just a bit concerned about the travelling and making it worth it.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 05:15:52 pm »
I have done a bit for an agency some while back.  You need to quote them higher than normal work because, as you stated, they are all like first cleans.  Also, each job has to be arranged especially and you might need to take a trip to the agent to collect/drop off keys for each job - all time consuming.  Also, it can interfere with your normal routine and that can cost too.

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 05:31:28 pm »
JEFF
I DO WORK IN AFTERNOONS AFTER MY WINDOW CLEANING FOR A LETTING AGENT,I PRICE PER ROOM, A 3 BEDROOM WHICH INCLUDES FULL CLEAN AND CARPETS CLEANED £160, IT WELL WORTH CONTACTING ALL LETTING AGENTS IN YOUR WORKING AREA.

STEPHEN

newpy

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 05:53:30 pm »
Jeff1
I've done a few jobs for a couple of different letting agents, one is a block of flats which is monthly, this is a good one as all i have to do is invoice them and they pay within 7 days. The other was abit of a bind, probably because i got tied up with the insides aswell. one took an hour to do (inc travel), but i could only charge £25, so it was a bit of a drop for me in rates. The other problem with that was i had to pick keys up and drop them off, hang around in the office waiting for keys- it's all time.
IF most of their work is 15m away, would it be worth trying to pick up some more work in that area? You need to make the travelling pay somehow!
Goodluck with it anyway, and try property management companies as i've said b4!!,i've got so many blocks of flats to do now, i'm at the stage of either dumping the bad stuff (all my work is over £10), or another van, after 3 yrs in the biz, problem is i can't turn work away!! bit like saj!  What do u do?!!

marc al

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 06:55:10 pm »
  Stephen

I also do end of tenancy cleans for letting agents - a 3 bed house comes out at around 250 pounds when I do it, this includes carpets, cooker etc - I should put your prices up mate!!

Mac

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 08:02:54 pm »
Thanks for all your replies Guy's, I am only doing outside WC with frames, there should not be any need for me to pick up keys or drop them back.

I'm not into carpet cleaning or anything along those lines, so I am thinking, I'm going to have to be careful with my pricing structure.

J. Deans

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 11:19:28 am »
We never 'politely refuse a contract!'
If we really don't want or need it, we price it so it becomes 'unlikely' that we will get it.
It is important to note, that I don't mean 'over-pricing' the job. But high enough, so that it becomes worth our while.

Your prices do seem a bit low (especially for a letting agency) And you do frames as well!

Create yourself a workable and realistic pricing structure. This could be per house size, or per window, or a combination of both. Include your estimated costs for travelling and extra time (don't itemise these, simply include within the prices)

Send your prices to the letting agency. If you get the contract, great! If not, you didn't have to 'politely refuse'

Hope this helps.

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 04:10:48 pm »
Thanks JD
The price structure was only a guestamate ;) if they are anything like the house I did first of all, then that would be a normal price.  But if I have to include travelling then this will add to the cost.

I may Just price the way you said so will up my price on any letting agents.

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 05:19:07 pm »
go for it, do the windows leave a card for the new tenants then you'll have  a re-visit and the start of a little round.
do them ones on a sat or sunday ?