Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave_Lee

Dry Granular Cleaning
« on: May 26, 2007, 04:19:05 pm »
Hi All,
I have a TM however I have the chance to do a a large job of cleaning a large area 500 sq metre of  low profile carpet. It is very short very dense, cut pile, not the usual tight loop but just as short. Becasuse of the enviroment that the carpet is located in, Public wandering about all day, rapid dry required, security etc I cant use the TM or portable and even a Rotary system will not dry fast enough so I am down to the only solution (I think) and that is Dry Granlar Cleaning. I have a Host machine though I have only used it for agitation. If anyone has used or uses This type of system - What would you suggest to charge per sq mtr, How long does 50mtr of average condition soiled carpet take to do, what are likely results compared to Porty HWE.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

from edge2edge

Re: Dry Granular Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 05:59:30 pm »
I recently worked on a barclays bank contract where we used the host freestyle in conjunction with a craftex thermodrier and the client was very impressed.I have a freestyle now myself which should bring this carpet up very nicely.However the guy to speak to (in my opinion) is Ian Monk at cleanmachine in wallingford.Just type in machinesthatclean for his website and maybe give him a bell as he has extensive knowledge of these.

poles apart

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 08:07:40 pm »
I assume from your post that your Host machine is one without a vacuum, if this is the case then you will need a good upright to pre vacuum with. You may even need to brush the carpet first to open up the pile if it's had very heavy traffic.
When you use the sponges the more brushing you do the better. They will turn black if it's really dirty. Better still see if you can borrow/hire a Liberator as this will save a lot of time and give a better result.
Rod

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 10:31:35 pm »
Dave

Look at doing out of hours a lot less hassle, then you can chose what system it needs.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:08:04 am »
Hi dave

As I solely use this system I would say it would take me about 5 hours no breaks. more if furniture needs to be moved around.

I can cover about 90-100 M an hour, thats pre spray, apply and brush in sponges and then to vac up. Depending on the layout you may be able to do it in sections.

The carpet should be dry with 40 minutes maybe less depending on the weather.

Regards

Martin 8)

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 04:04:15 pm »
Martin you say you solely use this system.Is that the host system or something else and is there anything you consider this sytem not particularly good at. cheers Alan

Dave_Lee

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 04:27:47 pm »
Thanks for replies so far.
Martin, so how much would you be charging for 500 sq mtr. I know the compounds are not cheap and which compound is the one to use - Host Sponges or something similar?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 04:40:52 pm »
Interesting that a dry system takes 40mins to dry.

Mark

Karl Wildey

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 04:47:25 pm »
Nothing dry. all systems have a bit of moisture,
So technicail is LM or ULM

The Great One

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 01:56:39 pm »
Ji
Ok LM, same difference, it,s called a dry system as it utilizes hardly any watre (except in pre-spray) Lm, dry, it´s splitting hairs.

It can usually take about 20 mins to dry but I gave that as a guide, it depends on weather conditions, ventilation etc.

I guess i would charge aroubd the 800 quid mark, depending on the situation, you are on the ground, so you will have the better idea.

What¨s it not good for... Suites!

i have used it on everything from soot, to pubs, resturants, EOT and salvage and I love it.

Dry systems are not for everyone, people don´t seem to think it cleans deep.. I have seen different, but hey each to their own

Regards

Martin 8)
(from Spain) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)