Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WavieDavie

Re: Dodgy
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 04:37:37 pm »
No part of the frame is touched by his ladders - because the ladder is only balanced against the guttering.

Now, I've done stuff like that in the past, but all our ladders have safety feet on them and the feet would also be against something like a kerb or a wheel, so they couldn't slip backwards.

YeeHaa - when's the next rodeo?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

john tomkins

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 05:42:16 pm »
No part of the frame is touched by his ladders - because the ladder is only balanced against the guttering.

Sorry, but driving past real slow I can assure you that one side of the ladder was resting on the pvc frame.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 05:46:13 pm »
What a nerd!  ;D

This is why training is esential!  :o :o

Shaun R.

Shaun,
If someone needs to be trained NOT to do what that chap is doing, then there really is something wrong.
Common sense should kick in ::) surely
I know what you mean mate you're right!

How stupid can you get?

Shaun R. ;D

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 05:48:56 pm »

Sorry, but driving past real slow I can assure you that one side of the ladder was resting on the pvc frame.

Even if one side of the ladder is on the frame its no safer, an accident going to happen sooner than later. I hope when he does fall its only himself he hurts & not land on someone.

WavieDavie

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 10:27:57 pm »

He's not even a clever numpty then - cos if he'd centre'd the ladder, while bracing against the gutter, he would have got it in one. But maybe he thought THAT was dangerous  ;D
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 11:00:22 pm »
Now I got a question, how can you safely do the window above the porch traditionally? Pole is a no go because of the angle, can't reach it properly. Stepping on the porch would be considered unsafe. So how?

WavieDavie

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 11:22:42 pm »
You could do it in two moves if you put your ladder to the weather board, but you'd need long arms. Plus someone footing.

As the weather board sticks out quite a bit, you MIGHT get away with using a stand-off to the remaining bricks just above the top of the frame. But probably two moves again. Plus someone footing.

You can use a 0o squeegee on a long pole - but you'd need to be good.

Davie Park

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 01:39:15 am »
Now I got a question, how can you safely do the window above the porch traditionally? Pole is a no go because of the angle, can't reach it properly. Stepping on the porch would be considered unsafe. So how?

A pole would work OK.  You could do one pane either side of the ridge.  Even if the angle is a bit too tight for it, a pole with swivloc applicator and swivloc squeege or even a a wagtail would do it.

steve k

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 04:19:42 am »
the window above the porch is SIMPLE to reach with a pole... ;)
stand either side and done in 1 minute tops.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 09:43:21 am »
Doing it traditionally I would have used my traditional window cleaning pointer ladders, put the point on the frame and done it in 2 ladder stands.   The one above the door I would have put the point at the apex of the porch.  A lot slower than wfp though, and still a small chance of falling.

Simon

Numpty now there's a Terry Wogan insult.

davey c

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 05:34:35 pm »
crackers ::)
better luck tommorow.......