Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

collecting debt
« on: February 25, 2007, 09:39:25 pm »
i've got an outstanding debt that i want to recover, people have suggested sending a letter stating they have 14 days to pay or else i'll take further action. problem is where do i get them to send the payment to, don't really want to tell them my home address, any ideas???????

poleman

Re: collecting debt
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 09:56:51 pm »
The court will collect the money on your behalf BUT end of the day you have to give your address to the court - if your worried someone is going to harm you for giving out your address then tell the courts or the cops

Andy

craig jwc

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 08:16:45 am »
Why don't you want them too have your home address?

All my customers have my address so they can post payment on as i don't collect.

I've never had any problems giving my address out.

I think the more contact info you can give the customer, the more trust they will have in you.

Craig

Davie T

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 08:40:38 am »
For approx £50 per year you can open a Post Office Box at your local Post Office and collect your mail there.

You can also give the nonpayer your bank details and ask them to pay direct into your account.

Surely if you are advertising your business, even a free advert in Yellow Pages, you must have been required by them to give an address ?

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 06:26:56 pm »
Easy,

Look through this site:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

I've never used it, but basically you can take someone to court from the comfort of your living room.

You'll have to pay a fee, but that's recoverable with what you're owed.

As I say, I've never used it, and you will have to do some reading through the website; which is a government one.

ac_cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 06:35:08 pm »
Put it down to experience and move on. Nobody has mentioned about things like this under the thread,POACHING WORK.This has happened to us a couple of times and lucky enough other window cleaners have shown professional courtesy and stopped cleaning their windows.
al

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 08:37:13 pm »
I've used it once for £30. Worked a treat within days with the added cost of bringing it through the system.
I'll use it again on Friday if a commercial customer hasn't paid up by then.

Easy,

Look through this site:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

I've never used it, but basically you can take someone to court from the comfort of your living room.

You'll have to pay a fee, but that's recoverable with what you're owed.

As I say, I've never used it, and you will have to do some reading through the website; which is a government one.