Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pdh

micro bore ??????????????
« on: February 13, 2007, 02:46:26 pm »
just received one hose trolley and 100 mtrs of microbore hose,never used microbore{always trico}so can any help me how do you connect microbore to your hose trolley and also connect to your pole i use rectus brass fittings on pole pipe and trico hose?im just not getting it.is the microbore only for the pole pipe use

Alex Gardiner

Re: micro bore ??????????????
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 03:10:15 pm »
Hi There,

You need to buy an adapter kit. Basically this is a hose bore converter which will allow you to connect to a hose reel on one end and then a suitable 6mm id barbed connector for the other end to connect to your pole hose.

I'm sure whoever supplied you with the hose and reel will be able to supply these for you.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 03:52:05 pm »
I've always found cleantech very helpful when it comes to supplying adaptors and connectors between different types of hoses, reels and pumps. Draw a diagram in front of you, phone them and tell them what you want to do and they'll supply the bits.

www.cleantech.co.uk
It's a game of three halves!

WavieDavie

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:02:57 pm »
Get back to whoever sold you the kit and tell them that they forgot to put in the adaptor so you can connect the microbore to the reel. Shut up and wait for their reply!

Quite frankly, they should have asked if you needed one when you ordered. Expecting someone ordering this gear for the first time to KNOW they would need an adaptor is a bit iffy.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 04:52:42 pm »
I use the Pro hose fittings from gardiners.

As i have 3 hose reels each with differant hoses on and wanted connectors that i could use on all of them with the same hosetail on the pole hose.

The pro fittings allow you to do this.

Paul

Pdh

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 06:04:23 pm »
this sounds quite costly considering i have £80 of rectus brass male and female connectors i may have to stick with my trico hose.i have quite a lot of poles .alex g i bought the hose and other bit n bobs from you,i may send it back and stick with trico for the time if that is ok.i should have done my reaserch into it instead of diving in head first.

cybersye

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 06:16:04 pm »
If you really want to use your brass connectors why not buy 2 adapter kits, one for the hose reel and one to connect a foot or so of trico at the other end of the microbore, theyre cheap enough or make your own, afterall you only need a barbed reducing connector and a couple of jubilee clips! having converted to microbore i'd never go back to trico, uurrrgggghhh! ;D
Simon

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 08:11:37 pm »
Good point cybersye,

You can use an in line adapter for your pole end of your microbore and then fit your old hose fittings.

Or if you let us know which type Rectus fitting you are currently using we may well be able to source one with a 6mm barb so that you can continue to use your pole ends.

Once you have tried microbore it will save you so much time and effort that you will wish  you had 'dived' in sooner.

Pdh

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 08:50:38 pm »
im using 5mm pole male fittings and 1/2 standard hose female all rectus fittings

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 01:10:51 pm »
the male parts for the poles to fit into the rectus 21 series (schrader) are only 86p from our website.
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

Pdh

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 06:57:56 pm »
given up on the micro ,not enough flow even through mains the flow seems restricted so if anyone else had this problem and managed to sort it out.i just dont have any confidence in the finished result,my work is all commercial and i use a 45ft pole on a regular basis 75psi pump.yes it is more managable but if the flows not there it aint workin for me.so i may use it as pole pipe or if anyone wants to make an offer on 100 mtrs used about 4 times.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 07:18:51 pm »
I've just converted to Microbore, the only problem I have is a leaky non return valve thingy that you push the pole hose into :-\

With 100m of microbore you need a 100psi pump, my 60psi wasn't up to it...which I kinda guessed it wouldn't be.
The brush (Gardiners Superlite) came fitted with two 2mm needle jets, and even at 35 feet the flow is plenty for my needs, prior to this I was using needle jets in a Salmon brush (Peter Fogwill) but I found that with the needle jets you need a greater pressure/flowrate to get a decent 'fan'.
With the needle jets I've found I can cope with a lower flow rate without compromising on speed or quality.

Though the microbore I have is that supplied by Gardiners, I don't know if all microbore has the same internal diameter, and that makes a big difference...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Pdh

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 07:51:36 pm »
i was supplied by gardiners,so i imagine it is the same i have 100psi pump may have to switch and give that a go.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 06:11:09 am »
You will find a 100psi pump will be fine, even with the pole fully extended I find the flowrate more than enough, I actually find I can use the inline valve I have fitted on the pole hose to reduce the flow a little.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES