Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Biscute

Weather forcast
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:26:52 am »
Does anyone know of a good weather forcast site i use te one on msn and to be honest its fudging rubbish. this is the third day now they have said its gona be raining and it aint, wich meen i have to tell me workers we wont be in in the morning. Yet again it is anouther lovely day so supose i better get in and work l8 now  >:(
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

007 or what

Re: Weather forcast
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 09:35:42 am »
There all full of  s :-X :-X t its only wind at the end of the day.No-one can see into the future  :(

I look at the TV and it says its going to rain all day 2moro
and then i look at the bbc website who says its going to stop at 4am  http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather and try and work something out in the middle. ???

Helen

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 12:03:59 pm »
Just cos the weather forecast isn't a good one, why tell your staff not to come in to work? Work all year round and work in all weathers! If it does to turn out to be too extreme, you can always send staff home. Easier to do that than to try and raise them if they have been told don't bother the night before. The weather will do what the weather will do, don't plan around it!

Biscute

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:42:14 pm »
erm no thanx helen dont think i will work all year and all weather, also i wouldnt do that to my staff. What is the point of getting them up early to go into work only to be sent home an hour or so later, i know if i had a boss who did that id tell him to sod rite off, would you get up and go to work for an hours pay?
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 02:00:59 pm »
Helen has a point, it's no good relying on the forecast the night before, if you've got a job then you get up and go to work, if you are forced to stop by the weather then so be it, but you at least make the attempt.

There are days when rain is forecast, but sometimes it can arrive either earlier or later than predicted, or of course not at all :-\

If it is hammering down first thing in the morning then call your staff and tell them to have a lie in! But when it clears up you drag them kicking and screaming into work.

they have to take the rough with the smooth.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 02:19:48 pm »
Biscute

You must have right trouble getting staff if you are not paying them if the weathers bad and is that legal if you have them on PAYE and a contract of how many hours a week they work you are legally obliged to pay them there wages wether they worked or not.
Its not there fault you told them not to come in.

Paul

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 02:20:16 pm »
I tend to look at this in the mornings...

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

It tends to give me an idea of what is going on....but then again...everything can change  :D

As for sending them home...why not have them canvassing, leafleting, wash the vans...if anyone of them is good, why not have them helping with administration duties (perhaps a future manager/supervisor?)....I seriously doubt I would send staff home...too many other things they could be doing....With that said I dobut I'll be in the position your are...just too happy being a one man band (no offence). ;D ;D

Dick

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 02:44:14 pm »
I use the BBC 5 day weather site which you can fine tune for your own town/area together as well as the BBC 6.30pm forecast, just after early evening news, then finally look out the window in the morning and try making my own prediction, sometimes I'm right, sometimes not.

Biscute

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 02:50:16 pm »
I understand paul griff but the 2 lads i have working with me are self employed and have a little work of ther own work 2do, but i have them sub if you like work for me, i also have a distance to travel to my work and to get ther only to come back an hour or so l8r wont be worth my while.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 04:19:05 pm »
I use this one but only good in the morning

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

spotless2000

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 05:59:52 pm »
I use this:-

http://www.metcheck.com/

Steve