Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

marcus hopkins

Sureflo pump airlock
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:05:25 pm »
Hi

I have had my WFP for 3 months now. The only complaint i have is that my pump gets an airlock 3-4 times a day. Do others experience this problem? Is there a cure? or does anyone know of a way to perhaps install some kind of vessel to capture the air before it reaches the pump? These pumps are supposed to self prime, surely that means that it should expell any air when it tries to draw the water.

Marcus

Re: Sureflo pump airlock
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 07:45:53 pm »
It's happened to me once,when my tank was low. Had to finish trad. At home took the pump off it's mounting and made it lower than the tank.This seemed to work. I posted asking similar to you for advice but got no replies.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:02:38 pm »
Is the inlet connected directly to your tank or do you have some quick fit connectors installed, this is were you can draw air into the pump, a pump will only get rid of air bubbles if there is no air being sucked in.

Some where on the inlet side of your pump you are sucking in air, tighten all clips up and see if that helps.

peekeclean

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:07:20 pm »
hi marcus do you use hoselock stop fittings?when i first started i had them on every connection and had all sorts of problems with airlock and pressure now i only use one to the hose reel.
hope this helps

joe

marcus hopkins

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 05:56:44 pm »
Hi
thanks for the replies. My connections are all tails with the pipe jubilee clipped on. I was using my system in a static site the other day, van not moved at all and still managed to get 3 airlocks.

Marcus

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 06:02:48 pm »
Is your pump, or part of your pipe above the level of water in your tank?

marcus hopkins

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 06:36:43 pm »
yes the pump is higher than the tank as i was told that it didnt matter. I'm starting to see i may have been  misinformed

Marcus

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 06:44:47 pm »
I'm no expert and I was hoping that someone that knew what they are talking about could advise me on this.
But in that case( your pump being higher), once air has got in, it must be impossible for the pump to draw water.(I think)

peekeclean

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 07:02:44 pm »
marcus what is your set up? as i had this problem with my set up and it was a combination of useing stop connectors and haveing the water comeing out my tank(in van) into my di then to the pump.
now it gose out my tank in to the pump then through my di, had no problems since.
and believe it or not it was well known supplier who advise it the wrong way(no names) hope this helps.

joe

marcus hopkins

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 12:46:48 am »
Hi my setup is 0ppm water in tank, plumbed pipe from tank to pump, Pump to hose.

Marcus

peterharwood

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 02:48:57 am »
I had same problem, I raised the tank on a pallett and pump is fed by gravity this seems to have worked.

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 08:22:40 am »
My trolley system airlocks all the time but it clears if I turn the varistream up to max and give it a blast for a minute of two. This is a problem that won't go away because I introduce air into the system every time I change a water container. The higher the pump is above the level of the water the more this is likely to happen.