Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

commercial work?
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:48:50 pm »
hi heard some guys say they carry just the right amount of commercial work to get them through the week due to rain.

any tips please,
how do u fit in with domestic work?
com work obviously not as bothered about rain but don't you do on a specific day and isn't it sods law that it's always a lovely day on the day u do commercial work?

as said any advice on this greatly received
lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

Re: commercial work?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:31:40 am »
 ;)hi mate i always read your post with great intrest ;D

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 09:43:39 am »
Lee,

Commerical work at a good rate is  great to have.  However most commercial work is highly fought after and tends to work out less per hours than residential  and much easier to loose through competitors undercutting.

We did a commercial drive last year and got a few good jobs from it which took us to about 80/20 ration (residentisl/commercial) which I am comfortable with.

We pre  plan the commercial work on specific days of the month and do then if its raining or sunny - thats our obligation to our customers.  They know when we will be on-site a month in advance so we have few problems.  Our residential is planned around that and works out OK.

If we were tob loose a big school contract then it leaves a big hole to be filled hence my personal opinions on this subject. Others will have different view but good luck with your business expansion.

Sarah

Sarah

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 11:12:55 am »
thanks sarah i totally agree with your opinions thats why i never gone after commercial work to many dogs fighting over the same bone.

just somoeone responded to the famous what do you do when it rains question and said they carried just the right amount of comm work to do on rainy days but couldn't understand commercial workk being that flexible thought it would have to be run as you do.

Gonna be braver and start going out more in the rain.
I don't make a very good poor person.
thanks lee