Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dwc

Franchising a rounds
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:44:21 pm »
Hello

Has anybody in their window cleaning careers, ever franchised a round to a franchisee ?

I would love to get some feedback from you guys and gals, as this could be a near future event, if my round keeps growing the way it has over the last month.

lee
DWC

DaveWilkinson

Re: Franchising a rounds
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 05:09:18 pm »
So far all the franchises i have seen offer you there brand name, equipment, uniform and software etc, turnover projections of large amounts, but most of these still leave it down to you to develope your own round and customer base, they might get you the odd commercial contract. I dont see the attraction of this tbh.

DAve

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:12:23 am »
There are a lot of people looking to get into this part of the cleaning industry and set up franchises in the same way as has happened in the carpet cleaning business.

Franchises in general, whatever the trade, tend to attract a certain type of person and I believe most of them don't make a go of it and lose their money.
Its quite a nasty business and I would advise anyone who was considering getting involved either as a franchisor or a franchisee to think very seriously about it.

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 12:44:20 pm »
Heres my idea for a window cleaning franchise...

When i was a local milkman a franchisee would sign up for 3 years taking over a round and paying a premium for each account held.

If the franchsiee wanted more accounts, the company would door knock for them, with the franchisee paying a premium for the new accounts gained alongside the old.......and so on.

All the franchisee would have to do, is turn up for work, deliver the goods, and collect the money.

All essential starting equipment would be supplied at the take over of the round, with up to 3 months training if required.

I do not see how this should cost the earth.

For a future franchisee to run an established self employed business, this must be an attractive offer?

I see your point with the milkman thing... but to me thats alot diffrent! for example if you need milk for one thing which the dairy supply you with etc! if u was to go it alone in your own van you would have to get customers urself which i doubt theese days u would get alot!. But with window cleaning its so much diffrent because anyone can do it and the start up costs are very small people could just go door nocking!

Am not nocking the franchising rounds thing because its something i will be looking into over the next year and other things aswell.

Dave
Dave.