Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KINGAKNAA

actual reach on 18ft pole?
« on: February 23, 2007, 04:52:09 pm »
Cleaning spot have 18ft pole achievable height at 21ft???? Hows this?

Also an aluminium gooseneck, how much reach does this add onto your pole?

Cheers
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

KINGAKNAA

Re: actual reach on 18ft pole?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 05:01:42 pm »
Must be taking the measurement from the hip?
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 05:06:16 pm »
I think some suppliers measure from the hip, and if you have the pole reised  above your head you can reach that extra few feet

macmac

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 09:31:19 am »
always check out the actual height of any pole as a lot of suppliers/manufacturers state the working height of the pole & not the actual length of it. i.e. a facelift 44ft pole is actualy 41ft (without goosneck) but with a operating height of 44ft which they measure from the hip of the operator.

tony

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 09:52:20 am »
You wouldnt go in the pub and be satisfied with a pint of beer that wasn't quite full   ;D
 I think that some of the manufacturers should be looked at by trading standards. Or should police themselves and come clean, is  it misrepresentation ?

dai

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 11:39:28 am »
You wouldnt go in the pub and be satisfied with a pint of beer that wasn't quite full   Grin
I think that some of the manufacturers should be looked at by trading standards. Or should police themselves and come clean, is  it misrepresentation ?

I agree with that one Jeff, I always ask for a top up. If You go one penny over on £30 of diesel, the buggers won't let you off with it. Dai

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 12:17:02 pm »
Totally agree, definite misrepresentation. retailers should just say this pole measures 18ft top to bottom. Think people can work out how tall they are????

The whole issue came about because I am toying between an 18ft and a 12ft for first floor cleans. With a gooseneck on it would take it up a bit more. I have a 30ft already and far too heavy to use on first floor.  ::)
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 03:54:40 pm »
Definitely go for the 18ft.  I have an 18ft predator 3 section and I use it for everything.  It reaches over almost any conservatory but it's light enough to use on ground floors.
With a 12ft you would be always going back to the van to get a longer pole for those just out of reach.  Also with the 18ft you can stand back from the job and save your arms and stop getting wet ;D