Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1966

blown motor
« on: February 26, 2007, 05:51:40 pm »
one of my motors blew ths morning on my excel,worked all day on one motor still great results.Been phoning round for a  best deal on a replacement motors can anyone tell me if there is any differance in performance (water lift) on a 3 stage 240 v 7.2" compared to the 3 stage 240 v 5.7"
                 cheers Jeff

Steve Chapman

Re: blown motor
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 06:18:36 pm »
Hi Jeff,

Not sure about the difference in water lift, but woodbridge do a replacement vac for the excel at a much better price, we've used them a few times and they seem to last longer than the ones from extracta ???

They look almost identical, I would say they probably just a bit noisier but not much.

I think the 7.2 have bigger fans in, so probably cool them down more if using them a lot.

regards
steve

Glynn

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:41:16 pm »
What cool them down ?
Those fans are what the vac is. 7.2 over 5.7, obvoiusly the larger will move more air.
The singlr biggest problem with any vac motor is letting foam get in them. I used to get about 600 hrs out of a pair and they never got abused.
Regards
Glynn

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:47:10 pm »
I`ve not replaced any motors yet but i`ve been phoning around and I found this company that seem to be pretty cheap,

AXO clean machines ltd 0845 3108811
I think they supply mainly replacement numatic parts but seem to be able to get whatever you want.