Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PaulKing

Re: how far afield do you
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 07:54:40 am »
me too! :D and cumbria, and even been know to clean in Norway.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Mike Roper

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 06:07:00 pm »
Whitby and surrounding area - 10- 15 miles keeps me going.
Mike

Elfyn Rees

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 07:39:17 pm »
The important thin about advertising is to monitor where your leads come from. Any one can spend mint on advertising and fill their diary - the trick is to spend less and still keep your diary full.
I only get about 10% of my work from my nearest town, but get probably 40% from a town that is a 35 minutes drive away. It's also good quality work an therefore well worth it.
As a result, I advertise very little locally (but get work by recommendation) and spend a little more in the town furthest away.
I spend around £120 per month on advertising in total - no y/p, no phone book, no Thompson's.
Sorry to rant on at my first posting.  ;D
Elfyn

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 10:54:54 pm »
I have customers who are around seventy miles from me, and as I operate in a very rural County I never really give it a second thought. Some days I only travel a few hundred yards, other days I could find myself in Dungloe about thirty miles away. The nearest big town to me is Letterkenny, about twenty three miles away where I do a lot of business.

david_m

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 08:50:49 am »
Hi there Finton

the same here living in the sticks.
though most of my work is with in 20 miles say about 60% i wll
travel a far bit sometimes as well ie 45 miles to Belfast.
but to be honest i dont really mind as when i go to Belfast its generaly a good days work for me. Just have to get up an hour or so earilyier in the morning.

Another thing to remenber is in some parts of the country 45 miles can be very time consuming, depends on how much of it is city driving
for me its about an 50 min drive for some it may well be an 2 hour drive
or more.

Davy

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:23 am »
I choose to live in the countryside with a 23 mile view, so most of my patch is a 6-8 mile run before I get to the town. I cover a large area and yesterday went 35 miles to a well paying job only to have the machine virtually explode on switch on. Both vacs and I suspect the pump as well. I am waiting now for a delivery of the replacements. Last thing I want as its a busy week at last.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Liahona

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 09:43:03 am »
Mike has it best I think to work as local as you can.  Having said that I work all over the place.  I cover the whole of the British Isles and also have a few clients in mainland Europe.  I still have clients I service back in California and I am at present having talks with a client in Austria so I may indeed be cleaning there too.  I am not saying that traveling too far away is the way to go but if I stayed local then I would be cleaning the same type of houses as most people do.  As you should know by now I m not prepared to do that.  Best, Dave.