Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lucymulligan

algee,cats & little windows
« on: February 18, 2007, 06:54:33 am »
.. is it best to get a double sided washer thing (???) to scrubb REALLY dirty green algee ridden window frames ?
when you get cats sat at windows (not at the actual time of washing)... does anyone fird it hard  to get rid of all the fur ?
whats the point of windows 5in wide ?
better to risk my neck for myself than break my back for some one else !!

WavieDavie

Re: algee,cats & little windows
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 11:17:28 am »
.. is it best to get a double sided washer thing (Huh) to scrubb REALLY dirty green algee ridden window frames ?
Ask the punter first if they'd like you to do that as you can provide other services in addition to just cleaning the glass - £££!! Don't use those green scotchbrite pads, see if you can get some white ones instead - they don't scratch. Green algae comes off quite easily, but don't tell them that.

when you get cats sat at windows (not at the actual time of washing)... does anyone fird it hard  to get rid of all the fur ?
Just give it a couple of extra goes with the applicator, or the white pad.

whats the point of windows 5in wide ?
To annoy window-cleaners, of course. What other reason could there possibly be?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Re: algee,cats & little windows
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 02:19:13 pm »
I've got more than one applicator.One has an abrasive side.It is good for things that are dirty like conservatory roofs, or very dirty first cleans.
I like to keep my applicators clean. So I wouldn't use it for something dirty, and then reuse it on something clean.
I've gone wfp, but before that I used poles instead of ladders and got acceptable results.