Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Making a questionnaire for customers, what to ask.
« on: February 18, 2007, 05:03:14 pm »
Just brainstorming here, thought this might be a very good idea to get an idea what my customers think of me, and what they would like to see improved. Could you guys help me out?

Was thinking bout quality of the cleans, with checkboxes for poor to excellent, or 1-5, customer service (split up in different questions) ease of payment, reliability, things like that.

At the end I'm gonna put a customer referral slip, with a one off 15% discount per new customer referred, with place for name and adress, and tel.

Think this is a good idea? It could be a very good way to see what people think of you, and what to improve on, and if every one refers one person, you've effectively doubled your round. (I need it, because I'm just a a quarter capacity unfortunately!)

What do you think?

Majestic

Re: Making a questionnaire for customers, what to ask.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 05:09:52 pm »
I think we are spoiling our customers. What hapend to just turning up cleaning there windows and  getting paid.
If they were not happy with your service they would sack you

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 05:11:26 pm »
I don't like it.  

With good regular customers; those that you just turn up and clean their windows and then they pay you; no hassles; why bother?

Stuff like window cleaning should just 'happen' with no hassles in either direction.

I think your customers would think you're being a pain in the arse if you 'force' them to fill in a questionaire (and they may feel forced if they think they've got to do it to keep your services).  

If they didn't like you, they'd 'sack' you!

If you're just at a 'quarter capacity', get knocking on doors!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 05:20:31 pm »
But don't you think it is a good idea to find out what people are not happy with before actually being sacked? Yes I know I'm doing a great job, but people never really say anything to me. Some of them do, and it just makes me feel appreciated you know.

Yea maybe you are right, maybe it's a bit too much, it would only be voluntary of course. It most certainly would come over to me like somebody who's taking his job professionally. Might strengthen the trust in me?

Meh I dunno.  :-\

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 05:27:46 pm »
If our Betaware lady put a questionaire through the door asking me daft questions, I'd put it in the bin. 

If Wor Lass orders goods from the 'Betaware Lady', she just expects them to be delivered and pay for what she's ordered.  She won't want to fill in a questionaire, following receipt of the goods.

Let's face it; customers like a good window cleaner and expect them to do certain stuff; like clean their windows, not damage their property and not rob them.

They don't want questionaires!

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 05:30:30 pm »
I'm a novice, but have learned that asking peoples opinions invites critisism.Tell me what you think of how I've cleaned your windows? Having not even looked at them in the last five years they nit pick every last thing you do. I cleaned someone's whose frames and cons were minging (having been cleaned regulary for years).So much as one spot now and we have to hold an inquest.
Someone on here said they don't use the word spots anymore but refer to marks.
This is not quite what your questioniare was asking though was it. Basicaly it's a good idea, maybe with a newsletter about yourself.That way they wouldn't be pressured into replying.If you come across as a tryer with a family who loves his job there is a chance you might get the responce you want.
You are correct to brainstorm, I pick peoples brains all the time.

Majestic

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 05:50:27 pm »
Why not just put your email address on your window cleaner cleaned today note( the one you post telling your customers you have been today ) asking for any coments about your service

steve k

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 05:58:46 pm »
cannot see the point. ???
The best thing to maintain is a total absence from their minds from 1 cleaning day to the next ...not hard to do as you will not be in thier thoughts at all.
Just turn up, clean and get paid...no fuss...no overdoing things ;)

What do you do if a load of them say they think you are too expensive...?
start negotiating a discount?...because that is what they will expect (since you asked...!)

Regarding referrals, just tell them on your next cleans that you are looking to expand and if they know of anyone requiring a window cleaner could they pass your number on.

WHY reduce your wages... ???

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 06:17:42 pm »
This is an old topic for discussion , previously weve come to the conclusion that you may end up finding out things you didnt want to know as most people only notice the bad things in a given situation

ie you notice dirty windows but not clean windows
you notice when the buses are late but not when there ontime

I could go on but you get my point

Chris

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 06:34:17 pm »
This is an old topic for discussion , previously weve come to the conclusion that you may end up finding out things you didnt want to know as most people only notice the bad things in a given situation

ie you notice dirty windows but not clean windows
you notice when the buses are late but not when there ontime

I could go on but you get my point

Chris

I definitely see what you mean, I guess that's why I posted the idea here haha, but yea, it could turn out very nasty!  :-[ :-X

i might just do the customer referral or something.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 07:23:21 pm »
Except........ if you can spot something, or a trend, before anyone else.The old bat who makes my life hell has also taught me some very good lessons.
Keep knocking the ideas out.The other route for your communication is add on services