Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

First ever complaint today.
« on: February 14, 2007, 09:34:45 pm »
Hello one and all.
I have been cleaning windows now for over a year and about 6 months with wfp.  Got this one customer, nice bungalow with a conservatory and charge him £30 a clean.  A price he is happy with as he commented that it was cheaper than the other bloke who stopped coming bla bla bla.

We clean his house every 6 weeks.  We turn up today to find the builders there constructing a new garage.  I ask if he still wants us to clean considering all the brick dust etc and he says yes.  This was the last job of the day and I only had about 25lt of water left, the wife started tradding the bungalow and I set about the conservatory. 

The owner comes up to me and tells me that he wasn't happy with the last clean as some of the windows had streaks.  (at the end of our last clean I walked round the whole property and checked the glass and Thought it was fine) Many? I asked and he replied some.  Well I always say to my customers to let me know if they aint happy when the windows dry and if necessary I can reclean.  But this chap had left it nearly 2 months.  Which windows I asked, hoping he would show me but he said "oh some round the side" 
Bearing in mind all the rain and snow and wind we've had since the last clean his windows looked really good.    He didn't want to tell me which ones in particular which I thought was a bit strange. 
Well I told him that we'd carry on cleaning and if he wasn't happy at the end the clean would be free. 
Finished.  He came out and I asked him to take a good look around and see if he was happy.  it turns out he had been doing that from the inside during our visit and he said that he was more than happy and the windows were as good as new etc etc.  So I charge him £5 less than normal and he was chuffed with that but now I feel he just wanted a cheaper clean.  the fact that he wouldn't point out the windows in question seems odd to me. 

I dropped my first customer too this week and it felt good.  A right old pair of puffins always commenting on how many days late I am or how many minutes early etc.  Well I turned up 1 week late and this street I do 4 houses all in a row.  As soon as I got out of my van the old chap comes up to me and says in a disgruntled voice
"Don't want you this time.  Seeing as you didn't get here last week I did them myself."  He started to storm off back to his house when he spun round and said in a much softer,calmer voice,
"See you next month."
"Well, I cant garantee I can fit you in next month, lots of customers waiting and all that."
Whilst I was doing his neighbours windows he came out with a cup of tea for me which made me chuckle as it was really milky and I take mine black. So I sent it back with a thanks but no thanks.
I am behind on my round as me old dad had a heart attack and I have been ferrying my mad old mum to and from the hospital to see him but I didn't want to give this old git any justification.  The fact that it was snowing when I should have cleaned them makes me laugh, I wonder what they would have said If I had turned up then.

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

jeff1

Re: First ever complaint today.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:39:48 pm »
Over the years I have had the same problem? Calander watchers I call them, I have been dumped by such cutomers and eventually the come groveling  back, thats when you get your sweet revenge and politely tell the to p@*s off.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 09:11:28 pm »
I'm trying to sell my customers on the idea of a window cleaners month, a bit like a bakers dozen only more flexible. Some of my very  fortunate customers got cleaned today on 3wk 2 day cycle, this is because I need to do them the week before I go away in four weeks and I will be gone for three weeks.
I did a woman  today who refused to pay me last time (wfp spots). She was out, but the windows were perfect before I did them because I checked. She said that she'd cleaned inside to make sure that this wasn't the issue, but this wasn't true because I had a chance to check this as well and they were dirty inside. Turned up as I finished Said she would pay me if they dried okay. Called tonight, she said she hadn't had chance to check them. I embarrassed her and her husband and she paid, she will ring me if there is a problem. Can I call again in 2 months? All this for £8.
I did dread going there, but that is the reason I went.

edd

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:03:38 pm »
TVCS read my nobhead thing