Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil100

Re: carpal tunnel syndrome
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 06:48:37 pm »
I have suffered with carpal tunnel syndrome since 1996 when I blockpaved my drive.

When I switched from trad to wfp the first month was a nightmare. The pain and swelling in my hands meant I did not sleep for 3 weeks. The pain then moved up into my tricep muscle, The pain was very intense and I lost feeling in my hands at nighttime and my hands used to ballon in size so I could not even bend a single finger due to the swelling.

Things improved when I put  Gazza brushs on my poles. The differnce they make to me is meant I have been able to continue wfp and now I just get pins and neddles in the middle of the night.

I have just had a 2 week holiday in Lanzarote. After the first night I had 13 nights without pins and neddles.

Now this is the intresting part. I went to see a New physio about my back on wednesday. Hes sorted my back out, Muscular problem. I tell him about carpal tunnel syndrome, and how long I have had it, I was Gobsmacked when he said most people dont have it, Its a common Diagnose to a problem that is Occurring elsewhere in the body. IE the neck and shoulders. He then said If he cannot cure it I do not need to pay for the Physio.

The practice deals with a lot of people with carpal tunnel sydrome. I am now Excited that I might get cured. He gave me one tip that as allready helped. If you put these herbal bean sacks or hot dogs in the microwave for 3 mins when you come home from work. Put a tea towel round the back of your neck first then put the hot bean bag on the towel so you dont burn your skin it will help reduce the swelling in your tendons. then repeat before you go to bed.

I will keep you posted if its a false dawn or a cure.

Nel.

macmac

Re: carpal tunnel syndrome
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 08:53:30 pm »
thanks neil
will try your tips & keep me posted about the cure please. last week i split the ends of my fingers open on a concrete sill, as i had no feeling in them i must have lost my sense of co-ordination. i,ve also sliced my finger on a roof slate had countless splinters in them from detailing wooden frames all because they are totaly numb when i'm working.

tony