Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

How does a bypass work on the 100psi pump
« on: March 04, 2007, 02:57:16 pm »
Can someone please tell me how to use/make a bypass for a 100 psi surflow pump please and is this a good idea?

Regards

Nartin

matt

Re: How does a bypass work on the 100psi pump
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 03:18:52 pm »
picture and link to parts etc onthe DIY forum

im sure your a member :)

its the VERY TOP post

matt

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 03:19:30 pm »

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 03:20:19 pm »
Put a T piece somewhere on the outlet side. Run one side back to the tank and the other to the pole hose.
This allows water circulation whenever the pump is on.
If also  put a valve/switch on each piece, it will allow you to fine tune the water supply to the brush but still allow some back through the pump. My brush valve is on the brush itself.
There is less strain on the pump if you dont have a system that is matched to the output.
Cheaper than a Varistream.

EasyClean

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 04:42:30 pm »
Surely that's just excessive use of the punp and a drain on your battery?
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 04:50:57 pm »
Yes Easy, but Water in = water out and the pump runs for as long as the reccomended time, which on the smallest flojets is 4 hours continuos. By restricting the flow thro a smaller pipe or height, that puts some strain on the pump. Flojet and sureflow now have now updated to an integral by pass in the pump for this reason.
Just something you can do if you dont have a built in one for the price of a T and a few plastic Hozelock micro taps.
You could also spend £70ish on a variflow.

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 06:17:25 pm »
Yes matt i am a member of DIY , thanks for the pic and info.
I got my pump one year ago will this idea put any strain on it ? and from what i can tell one T pipe and two pipe tapes and thats it,correct me if i'm wrong.
I have had a look at the ecoflow is this the same thing as the varistream ?

thanks

Martin

brightnclean

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 06:29:50 pm »
If you have been using a Varistream and you switch to a bypass your pump will be working flat out all the time. That isnt really too much of a a problem but what will be very evident is the increased drain on your battery and the lack of really accurate flow control. Once its set on the Varistream you just forget it really.

The Eco flow from what I know uses the pressure switch on the pump to turn the pump off or on. You will need that wired back up for the eco flow to work. I have a varistream but I've kept the connector for the pressure switch that comes with the pump just in case I want to swap from the varistream. Or have to  :( 

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 06:37:04 pm »
I don't ever stop my pump from running once i have turned on the battery ,so would the ecoflow just slow the flow of water down thats the main thing i'm lookin for .From when i first wired my pump and varistream up i can't remember much about pressure switch has my pump got one ? if so how can i tell.

Martin

brightnclean

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 06:45:12 pm »
Martin

On the black plastic bit where the pump in and out are there is a bit on top with a couple of spade connections. If your pump has them then it has a pressure switch. You would need to rewire these back up for the Eco flow to work.  Not impossible to do at all. Yes all the Eco flow does basically is allow you to set flow rate.  Its simpler than the varistream but from some of the posts I am seeing and stuff I have seen like my ates Varistream packing up within 2 weeks I am beginning to wonder if I did right buying the Varistream.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 06:47:41 pm »
Think I may have seen a reference to varistream mark 11 somewhere ?

wightsurf

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 07:04:26 pm »
Ok just been out in the rain to take a pic of my pump
Would this be the type you are on about brightclean? how would i need to rewire these back up for the Eco flow to work ?

brightnclean

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 07:13:36 pm »
YUP. Thats it.  :)

OK so you still have the connection for the pressure switch there so you could fit an Eco-flow no problem.

I got my Varistream from Pure Freedom. I know they have Eco flows as well because they offered me the choice while I was there. £75.00 all in for the Eco flow or £85.00 for the Varistream. Beginning to wish I had saved myself a tenner  :(

wightsurf

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 07:17:16 pm »
This ecoflow is £65.00 from here http://www.essentiallypure.co.uk/products/product_display.php?page=eco_flow

would this be the right one
Thanks for your help

Martin

matt

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 07:20:48 pm »

I got my pump one year ago will this idea put any strain on it ? and from what i can tell one T pipe and two pipe tapes and thats it,correct me if i'm wrong.
I have had a look at the ecoflow is this the same thing as the varistream ?

thanks

Martin

ive had mine about 3 years now, no issues

its a T and the return to before the pump needs a "gate valve" to regulate the flow"

brightnclean

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 07:22:33 pm »
Martin.. yes its the one but that price on there is PLUS VAT and delivery.

The £75.00 from Pure freedom was inclusive mate.   ;)  cheaper for the same thing.

wightsurf

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »
Thanks for that i got there number i'll give them a call first thing monday

Martin