Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ladders

Vikan cill brush
« on: February 15, 2007, 05:48:14 pm »
Hi all
How is this brush used, is it used to clean the window & cill all in one, or is just for cleaning cills i.e you would clean all upstairs then change brushes, then go round again and do
cills.

Anybody use one ?

Cheers Jeff
For every problem there is a solution

Paul Coleman

Re: Vikan cill brush
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:13:48 pm »
Hi all
How is this brush used, is it used to clean the window & cill all in one, or is just for cleaning cills i.e you would clean all upstairs then change brushes, then go round again and do
cills.

Anybody use one ?

Cheers Jeff

I use one sometimes for particular windows on specific jobs.  I use them to clean glass and sills in one go.  I do prefer other brushes to these but this is purely a matter of personal preference rather than any particular flaw in the sill brush.

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 06:17:49 pm »
You can clean a window sill with a normal brush, if you want too.

I could be wrong since I've never used a Vikan Sill Brush, but I just think it's a gimmick that adds extra weight to your pole!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 06:29:17 pm »
You can clean a window sill with a normal brush, if you want too.

I could be wrong since I've never used a Vikan Sill Brush, but I just think it's a gimmick that adds extra weight to your pole!

Sure you can clean the sill with a normal brush Tosh.  The sill brush allows it to be done in opne movement though due to the shape of the brush and bristles.
Incidentally, the jobs I use the sill brush on are not because I want to brush the sill particularly.  I use it because the upstairs windows are very narrow and slide sideways.  The sill brush is the only one I have that is narrow enough and will go onto a powerpole.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 06:32:14 pm »
Hi Jeff,

I recently bought 3 Vikan sill brushes, and changed all my poles over to them and to be truthful I must agree with Tosh that they only add weight to your pole, it might not seem much but when its at the other end of a 38' pole you know about it.

Although one thing I will take from using them is I'll always use them on first cleans cos they do get into the corners of the frames better and I'll leave the one on my 12' pole cos the added weight isnt a problem on such a small pole and because I use it for mainly ground floor it does leave the frames cleaner, and the ground floor is the most likely floor that fussy customers will inspect.

I would recommend you buy one cos they last forever and will always be of use

Hope that helps

Alistair

P®oPole™

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 06:36:52 pm »
Never had a problem with a normal brush  ;)

Is this 'cill brush' actually made for window cleaning?

Ladders

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 06:57:40 pm »
Thanks for replies.

I take it that the cill brush is much heaver than a normal vikan brush.

Propole, i am not sure that any of the vikan brushes are specifcally for window cleaning, but it is what i use on a 18ft pole for domestic work.
For every problem there is a solution

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 11:29:46 pm »
Thanks for replies.

I take it that the cill brush is much heaver than a normal vikan brush.

Propole, i am not sure that any of the vikan brushes are specifcally for window cleaning, but it is what i use on a 18ft pole for domestic work.

I'm pretty sure that it will be heavier than a normal 10" vikan brush but it feels lighter than the larger brush (16" ?? ) that I normally use on upper windows.
I think the vikan brushes that are used for window cleaning were originally made for car cleaning.  That's what BWCA reckon anyway so it must be true  :P

Count Phil

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 05:30:12 pm »
If you are after a light brush for the sills, then jeff brimble posted a photo of an Idea he had. get a tesco value broom or an addis, get another, cut the 2 ends off one and stick them on the back of the other. Presto! Turn the brush around and there is another set pointing at the sill!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 06:27:42 pm »

Its still progressing, but I find this simpler.  Ignore the adjustable elbow for now thats for another use. Simple push on/off fit, the hinge movement allows you to drop the pole and quickly adjsut the angle of the head to do cills or sky lights.