Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Need some help with my TDS
« on: February 12, 2007, 01:55:32 pm »
My TDS out of the Tap is 229 (used to be 135) out of my RO is 009 (used to be 004) and after the DI is 008 (used to be 000) can anyone tell me why my TDS has crept up from 000 since Christmas, when every thing was brand new.
I do a back wash once a week for 15 minutes and just done another one now, and it made no difference to my readings.
My water pressure is 35psi and not changed.

Can anyone help many thanks.

Jon T.C.

Re: Need some help with my TDS
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:28:44 pm »
1) What RO system do you use?

2) 35 psi is very low, you may want a booster pump with this. As the ro  works more efficently with better water pressure.

3)You are backwashing correctly. :)

4)You need to change the resin in your DI definetly !

Kind regards Jon

ps If you aren't sure, feel free to ring me on 07779 085240  :)
Elite Cleaning Solutions

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 02:51:11 pm »
Here is something I found out some time back and just had a call from someone else who had the same problem. The tube in the DI Vessel had gone slightly flat at the end, how this happens I do not know.

So had to saw a bit off the end to make it circular again, fixed the problem but the resin he had put in last week was no good so had to change the whole resin again.

A slight kink in your DI vessel will degrade your resin, why I do not know.

Something to check every now and then.

Doug

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 04:09:15 pm »
Thanks for your reply guy's
I have a 200gpd and the smaller Di vessel 10 or 11 inch one I think.
Checked the tubes and they were fine, I have noticed the DI vessel leaks, from around the screw thread, and has done  since the day I installed it, I have used the spanner/wrench to tighten it, but makes no difference still leaks slightly.

I know my system could benefit from a booster pump and I am looking into getting one, but I just can't make out why the TDS reading has just changed within the past week, someone told me it could well be my TDS meter, so going to get some of that solution to calabrate it.

simon w

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 07:26:07 pm »
 Hi jeff1

The problem with your leaking DI vessel could be due to over filling with resin, and not having a good seal with the rubber gasket above the internal screw thread.

Best thing to try first is to unscrew filter from vessel, give filter and plastic thread a thorough wash with pure water, push rubber gasket carefully back in place and then screw filter back into the neck of the DI vessel.

Also check to see if you've over filled the vessel with resin.

Hope this might solve your leaks.

Simon W  :)

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 08:19:11 pm »
Hi jeff1

The problem with your leaking DI vessel could be due to over filling with resin, and not having a good seal with the rubber gasket above the internal screw thread.

Best thing to try first is to unscrew filter from vessel, give filter and plastic thread a thorough wash with pure water, push rubber gasket carefully back in place and then screw filter back into the neck of the DI vessel.

Also check to see if you've over filled the vessel with resin.

Hope this might solve your leaks.

Simon W  :)
Thanks Simon
I will give that a try in a minute, the DI Vessel was full when I bought it, so I knew no different, as its all new to me.

ac_cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:30:58 pm »
 Make sure the threads are clean on the di vessel (no resin got onto threads) , and also where you srcrew vessel onto, and that the seal is sitting properly. That should stop leaks.
Do not over tighten as you can damage the seal.
al

brightnclean

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 08:50:22 pm »
I m surprised you are getting anything much at all out of your RO on that pressure Jeff. The TDS reduction figures are way better than I get and I have a 40 inch RO on very good pressure  :( and they are bound to improve with a booster pump.

I am seriously considering going for a 300GPD system and havin a static tank. I only ever use about half my on board tank in a day. If that really.

Where did you get your RO from please if you dont mind saying Jeff?

jeff1

Re: Need some help with my TDS New
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 02:38:45 pm »
I m surprised you are getting anything much at all out of your RO on that pressure Jeff. The TDS reduction figures are way better than I get and I have a 40 inch RO on very good pressure  :( and they are bound to improve with a booster pump.

I am seriously considering going for a 300GPD system and havin a static tank. I only ever use about half my on board tank in a day. If that really.

Where did you get your RO from please if you dont mind saying Jeff?
My pressure is poor, and I only produce about 210ltrs in about 12 hrs, I have 3 x 210ltr water butts, but its enough for me each day.
my RO- from purefreedom.