Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pete albion

Re: Silly prices!Why do people do it?
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2007, 06:35:30 pm »
jeff68 i know what you meen,i live in southend and so customers who i give quoters to for say a 3 bed semi at 13- 15 pounds, say how much, my last w/c only charged £7,when you explain the time to do the job will be about 30-45 mins,again i get my last one only took 10-15 mins,begs the question....what sort of job did they do,i believe you should do the job as well as you would like it done on your own home

when i used to clean houses it only took about 20 mins to do a 3 bed semi and i belive i did a good job ! and my costumers were happy with the quality of my work.
why does it take you 30 - 40 mins ?

i'm not criticizing you, and i'm sure your work is top notch, just seems a bit long.

jeff68

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2007, 06:36:05 pm »
I get the old"my last window cleaner only charged x amount" to."Where is he now then and why are you asking me fore a quote?"I tell them.It goes very quiet from then on.They moan, but when you actually do the job and they come out and inspect your work is when they realise that there last window cleaner was a bag of s**te!!!!

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2007, 09:11:42 pm »
hi all

i would like to think that my customers have a choice when it comes to who they choose to clean there windows so wether you are charging 5-20 for a 3 bed semi its always up to the customer how much they will pay. i am not cheap in my area and in a average day i would do 250-300 on my own wfp when i did traditional about 110-130 max.

when there are two of us we do 400-480

when i give quotes i always say to the customer heres the price this is how we clean show them our insurnce and tell them to ring me if they want the job done most of them say yeas there and then and some will ring me back a couple days later to say go ahead. and this is even the case where people have said that i am double there previous cleaner.(but at the end of the day its always there choice)

we have loads of wcs around here (surrey) but most of the time customers main reason for choosing my services and keeping them is i am regular and do a good job.

so they are willing to pay me more , i am not saying anyone who is cheaper is not doing a good job.

so i think each to there own , but i think its not fair to say that i am ripping people off just beacause i earn a very good hourly rate.

shawn :)
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

jules0267

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 01:05:43 pm »
hay jeff, £10.00 min, £40 anhour,got the harbor pub £60 inside out, not bad 4 about  1 & 1/2hrs work all pole work , scrim and blade inside,,

mike richardson

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 06:38:40 pm »
we do con roofs at about £20 up here that is expensive,

i have a few customers that i only make £10 per hour from,

but most of my new work is about £20 per hour & that is a fortune up here,

ive been doin this 15 yrs was to cheap to start with,

the mistake i made was no increases in price for ages, but now do them every 2 yrs,

Tosh

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 07:14:33 pm »
I had a nice compliment recently from a 'mature' window cleaner who took me to one side when I first started and briefed me on the dangers of being too cheap.

I passed some work onto him, a bunch of 8 quid semi's and he was shocked.

He was charging 4 or 5 quid for the same houses in the same street.

He's now put up his prices and he told me that, 'If you can do it, so can I'.

The thing is, these are big semis, seven ladder climbs each - big bedroom windows - and a gable end window too.

8 quid is far too cheap for these, which is why I passed them on.

This forum must've made a definate impact on UK window cleaning prices.

dai

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 08:39:04 pm »
This forum must've made a definate impact on UK window cleaning prices.
Your right there Tosh. I don't think anyone starts out with the intention of undercutting. When I started, I had no idea what to charge. I'm still paying for that with some long standing customers.
If this forum had been around then, I would have priced jobs  a lot higher.
13 years ago, when I started back in window cleaning, I was charging 35p per window. Now they are paying 70p. If I had started out charging 50p I would now be earning a pound for every window cleaned.
I can often go a month without seeing another shiner, apart from the ones I drive past of course. I didn't know any window cleaners when I started, so there was no one to ask for advice. Unlike you, who know many other guys that post on here, I only know Geoffery Specht. I may bump into him every couple of months.
This forum Is the best thing that ever happened to window cleaning. Without it, I bet there would be at least 30% less WFP users. Dai

Biscute

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 04:44:23 pm »
yep its pritty much the same in liverpool quantity not quality mt new work i bought i am putting it up from 3.50 to 4.50 they look at me as if i just spat in ther grandmothers face then ped on ther cat, 25p a week seems a huge increase up here for some reason.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.