Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JM123

Re: Sad day
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 12:53:54 am »
a dog will defend its home, its owners and itself - why shouldn't it? But I think a dog that bites a hand through a letter box is just too aggressive and should be put down.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

steve k

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 06:54:38 am »

russ_clark

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 07:35:22 am »
Sorry to hear about your injuries mate.
The advice re making a complaint is spot on.
Under the Dangerous Dog Act the Police have to take a statement from you.
They will try and cuff it but if they do ask to see the Duty Inspector to make a complaint about them not taking a statement and I garuantee they will.
(Trust me I used to do it for a living)
I would be careful about taking photos of the house/door there are all sorts of Issues with that.
Once the complaint is made I would then definately contact a solicitor
(the no win no fee ones are very very good these days).
They will advise you re photos , etc
Make sure you sign a medical release form and take photos of your injury on a daily basis.Some with a nice bit of blood would be nice ;D
Go back to the docs as much as poss and every time it gets dressed take another snap.
Dont forget to get those sleeping tablets as I am sure you cannot sleep due to the pain and the flashbacks  ;D ;D
Obviously stress is now a major part of your daily life- no income ,unable to dress properly,your sex life has suffered (your old woman may be able to claim too ;D ;D ;D)
Basically go to town on it mate.
In this day and age it is a letigious society so fill your boots
Then just sit back and wait for your cheque to arrive .
It may take a while but it will happen
Russ

lucymulligan

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 08:21:02 am »
sorry to hear mate , my mum is a artist and she had her fingers baddly bitter once when she was walking through the town ........ she was worried but she is ok ,she used the time to relax  ... think possitive , and i think in some way what goes around comes around ....oh yeah and put laxative laced dog biscuits through the door !! that will teach her to get a basket
better to risk my neck for myself than break my back for some one else !!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 08:46:43 am »
I understand the pain you must have had,I to had my thumb in a dogs mouth,while trying to break up
my uncles dog haveing a bit of a do with another dog,I pulled my uncles dog back by his tail,my thumb was sticking out,and bingo I had the biggest thumb for a while,still got the scars today  :P dogs have very big psi per sq there bite depends on the breed,I had a loving doberman for 9 years I miss sadly,he new everthing I said,even hand movements ment everything to him,his bite, wow :o a play bite
was a sort sharp snap,if he ment it big damage........ 
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 08:47:22 am »
Quote from: lucymulligan  ....oh yeah and put laxative laced dog biscuits through the door !! that will teach her to get a basket
[quote

;D I love the sound of that!
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

lucymulligan

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 09:04:01 am »
having said all this i have a couple of very vicious rabbits !

Peter.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 10:24:17 am »
Hi

Thank you for all your messages, I feel much better today, I would feel even more better if my hand would stop throbing and I could punch the owners in the face. Of course the police would be interested then!!!!!!!!

I don't fancy posting any more leaflets. :(

Peter.

lucymulligan

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 12:05:43 pm »
you must feel really defeated . im just starting out and the weather held me back a few times when i was so raring to go with enthusiasm. make sure you eat loads a oily fish n vitamin c . advocadoes and stuff like that .plus red meat they will all help your body repair itself quicker ... do some shopping therapy at one of the window cleaning suppliers ....oh and every night go out with a spray bottle with mud in it and spray everyones windows ...........once your better  youll be really in business.

Jake

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 02:20:58 pm »
While out delivering flyers yesterday, got talking to someone about this very subject.

They use a tip they got from a postie. Before you push a flyer through the letter box, give it a sharp tap 1st, if a dog is at the door 'waiting', you will know before your digits do !!! ;)

Hope the fingers heal well mate
Exeter, Devon

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 06:28:17 pm »
Sorry to here Peter.
I went out posting with my 6yr old and we came across two or three like this but they attacked too soon just as we were approaching.
Many letter boxes have a tough draft excluder making posting difficult anyway.Some kind of stick may be helfull, I use a plastic ruler and fold the leaflet over it.

I'm not litigous, but in view of the attitude you got I think the guy above me is correct.

Peter.

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 07:52:22 pm »
I had promised to clean a customer’s house today and didn’t wish to cancel, so I asked a friend to come with me, although he's not a window cleaner, he put up the ladders and cleaned the top windows etc and I cleaned one handed, it was only a small house, so didn’t take to long.

When the customer saw my hand all bandage up, she paid me and gave me a tip.

Maybe we should all wear a bandage, Ha-ha-ha.

Peter.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 08:06:12 pm »
I've delivered many thousands of leaflets in my time, and I can honestly say I've never been bitten in the process.  Had a few "near misses" mind you :D

I use glossy leaflets - they don't cost that much more, look much more professional and best of all you can fold them twice and they make a very rigid shape that you can poke through the letter box without having to insert your fingers ::)

Cheers,

Ian

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 08:15:19 pm »
you should do what some of my mates done on a certain tour of duty  in a certain place in the world where dogs were trained to hate uniforms you can emagine ,
crushed up florecent light bulbs put in sausages and flung from the back of the land rover
soon takes the poop right out off there minds ill tell ya
they will stick to lickin there balls after a dose  of these bangers

lucymulligan

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 10:45:06 pm »
ITA A VERY SAD DAY I JUST LOST £10 at poker ....not even a re buy .............boo hoo ......i think i need to go to a differnet website .......... maybee gambler anonononnonononoymos

S.Carpenter

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 09:12:08 pm »
anybody wishing cruelty on any dog is an a.hole

the responsibility is down to the owner.

any dog of any breed cannot be held responsible for any injury it does. Its the owners responsibility to make sure it is safe and secure.

Shoot the owner, but dont post laxatives.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 09:15:44 pm »
any dog of any breed cannot be held responsible for any injury it does. Its the owners responsibility to make sure it is safe and secure.
..and shot.

jouk45

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 11:06:33 pm »
 whats wrong with them using a letter guard, especialy when they know that their dog
bits,  its a simple solution, i would go back and show them the injury, and then advice them about a letter guard before someone else gets it, >:(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 05:56:36 am »
I had a number of near misses with dogs attempting to bite my fingers.  I had a leaflet distributing job several years ago when I was unable to go up ladders for a while (pre-WFP).  It involved delivering 1,000 leaflets a week.  Over a year, I must have delivered 50,000 leaflets.  There were a number of attempts on my fingers.  After a while, I just assumed that there was going to be an attempt on my fingers and posted the leaflets accordingly.  Fortunately, they were made of stiff card so I could push them through leaving my fingers well back.
If a dog bites like that, I believe that the owner should take responsibilty by fitting a guard or ensuring that the dog can't get to the front door while they are out.

Peter.

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 12:30:19 pm »
I am going to use the plastic ruler, bend the leaflet over the end and push it through, as sugested by another member.

This seems the best idea.

Peter.