Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeremy

Don't want your truck mount
« on: February 06, 2007, 06:21:09 pm »
Customer (actually a friend) phoned me up to re-book a call. In doing so she asked that we use the portables and not the truck mount.

It was about 8 months ago that we originally did the carpets. She has since rented the property out and has purchased a new home.

When I asked why, she said that she thought the Truck Mount was too strong and had left gouged lines in the carpet and had removed some of the pile. Unfortunatly I can't get access to the property and it is now 8 months after the fact so I can't even see what the problem could be.

Any opinions from you guys would be great. Having said this, I try to stress to my customers that if they have a problem they must let me know immediately for 2 reasons.

The first reason is that I need to fix the problem so that I leave a happy customer and secondly so that I can see what I have done wrong so that it doesn't happen again.

My advice to anyone in the business, actually any business is to encourage your clients and customers to report any problems that they see so that you can learn.

Still don't know what I didi wrong

Regards
Jeremy

AquaMagic

Re: Don't want your truck mount
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:16 pm »
What type of carpet did you clean?, what did you have your pressure set at?

Is it possible the customer is referring to "carpet carrots" the mark left by the wand as these can ussually be easiliy removed with a pile brush before the carpet dries.

Dene

Dave_Lee

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:36:13 pm »
Or is she reffering to a seam in the carpet, that she is unaware is there.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:43:24 pm »
I first had this when I got my TM, I really had to brush the carpet as I wasn't ready for the quickness of the drying.

Pile rake at the ready from now on!

Problem will go away!!

Shaun

colin thomas

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 07:51:39 pm »
i can't see that it is anything to do with the truck-mount, like others i have cleaned thousands of meters of carpets with one and never heard of this sort of problem, you may have left marks where the ends of the wand have been and she sees that as a gouges in the pile, i never used to 'dress' the pile until someone rang me to say that i had left unsightly streaks on her carpet, turned out that because i didn't brush the pile one way when finished it dried with the pile laying as i left it, i had to go back, dampen the carpet and set the pile, it was ok then. i set the pile now!
colin
colin thomas

PaulKing

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 08:11:47 pm »
guess what I've had several customer wanting the TM ( usually they say the big noisy machine) over portables, just put it down to a blip and keep a eye on it, would be my advice.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:46:35 pm »
I once used a new type of hybrid glide on a wool carpet which left tram lines which even when wet could hardly be brushed out.  I got a slotted glide and no problems.

Sounds like wand marks.

Mark