Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnm

how many litres from full tank of resin
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:48:01 pm »
does anyone know how many litres of water you can produce from 1 tank of resin not sure size of resin tank but about 18 inches water is =66ppm
water out is 0ppm
i have been spending ages on windows as this is my first week but some windows are still drying in as though we have just had a heavy shower of rain and runs dry in white ish

macmac

Re: how many litres from full tank of resin
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 11:06:49 pm »
its not your water causing this, as you state water out is 000tds. with water in at 66ppm it will last a fair time. my water in is 105ppm & my 10ltr resin canister lasts approx 6-8 weeks (filled 3/4 full). I use 2 canisters in sequence though (for resin economy). when i only used 1 canister i would get about 4 weeks. i use wfp nearly every day & run a 400ltr van system. my very first clean with wfp dried all white on the glass, i put this down to all the hoses beeing new & maybe it was flushing the crap out of them. after a couple of windows it was fine.
it is probably more likely your technique that is the trouble, with being new to wfp, me personaly i never clean the top frame of a window for the reasons your experiencing.
hope this helps

tony

williamx

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:14:22 pm »
To work out how much pure water you get from a 25 kilo sack of resin is

your tap water tds readings divide this by 500000

So with a tds reading of 66 you will be able to produce 7575.7575 litres of pure water

If you want to know how much pure water 1 di tank of resin will produce then you need to know how much resin it holds.

You then times the amount of resin in the tank by 303.0303 this will give you the figure you want.

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 11:28:47 pm »

So with a tds reading of 66 you will be able to produce 7575.7575 litres of pure water

If you want to know how much pure water 1 di tank of resin will produce then you need to know how much resin it holds.

You then times the amount of resin in the tank by 303.0303 this will give you the figure you want.

Williamx,

I tried your calculation and didn't work? My tap tds is 032ppm. So how many litres will a 25 kilo sack produce?

williamx

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 11:41:59 pm »

Williamx,

I tried your calculation and didn't work? My tap tds is 032ppm. So how many litres will a 25 kilo sack produce?

With a 32 tds reading do the following

500000 divide by 32 = 15625 litres of pure water from a 25 kilo sack of resin or15625 divide by 25 = 625 litres per kilo of resin

WavieDavie

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 07:23:06 pm »
Or play with this handy little thing . . . http://www.cleantech.co.uk/tdscalc.htm
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk