Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Phillips

New Window Cleaner
« on: January 29, 2007, 03:12:36 pm »
Hi everyone,  first off I'd like to introduce myself.  My name is John Phillips and I am considering becoming a window cleaner.  I have done some research and I believe that using a waterfed pole is the best way to go.
I have spent the last few days browsing different manufacturers/suppliers and I believe that these systems offer the best balance between price and quality: http://www.pure2o.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=33
Of course I have no first hand experience with any systems so I would appreciate any feedback from people who use these machines or suggestions for any other machines in a similar price range.
Thanks
John

Helen

Re: New Window Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 03:45:43 pm »
welcome John, let us all know where you are located and perhaps one of us can offer you a day out, so you can see wfp "at work" first hand

pylofm

Re: New Window Cleaner New
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:47:15 pm »
Welcome John.....Helen is 100% right...ask if a wfp window cleaner would take you out for the day.....some of the more knowledgble guys will be along later and will be able to point you in the right directions.... ;D

Good Luck and again welcome :D

Cheers
Dave.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 05:54:19 pm »
ok so obviously I am biased (being a supplier/system builder myself) but I can't see any value in the pure2o systems, have a shop around or e-mail me  j.mills175@btinternet.com
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:01:09 pm »
Not much in your profile, if you had more in like where you live someone in your area would be willing to take you out for the day and show you how it should be done

macmac

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 06:19:58 pm »
welcome
i would spend more than a few days researching wfp systems to be honest, it all depends what you want/need & how much you've got to spend i.e. if you've got loads of money and dont want any input into a system then there are some expensive suppliers that will give you just that. on the other hand there are a few guys on here that build very good systems at a very reasonable price or you could buy all the parts and put one together yourself.they all do the same job at the end of the day.
so try & decide which of the above you prefer, and also how hard your tap water is to start with (tds) this will decide wether you need an RO or not.
also, van, trolley or trailer mount? ;)

tony

brightnclean

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 06:58:54 pm »
Forum newbie here as well so Hi to you all.

I went straight into window cleaning using WFP and its the best thing I've ever done. I love my work now. My own boss and soooo stress free  :)

My only regret is that I didnt do enough research into what systems were available to me 18 months ago when I made the big jump. I got a branded system which does the job just fine but after looking around and talking to other WC's and looking at their systems I could have had a whole set-up that does exactly the same job for £1000's less than I paid :(

It looks to me like there is loads of info and knowledge here so like the others have said do your research well and definatley go out with an established WFP user before signing on the dotted line like I did.  :(  I wish I had seen the forum bwfore I set up.