Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

herbiefatboy

two reels
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:47:02 pm »
just a little help needed to  run two reels off one pump has any body got a picture of the type of spliter you need to run 2 hose reels thanks darren

H h20

Re: two reels
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 03:02:25 pm »
if you run a length of hose from your pump with a hozelock type connector on it then using a Y connector run a length of hose to each reel,
like this one,
http://www.gwdoling.co.uk/img/idiy/ck/0377907y.jpg
Gaz

steveaqua

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:35:24 pm »
costs a packet in hozelocks though don't it gaz?

i just used a length of hose cut up in to required amounts, one of these in the pics and used jubilee clips to hold it together

herbiefatboy

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:17:54 pm »
gaz  where  can you buythem  from thanks  again

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 07:23:03 pm »
Hi Herbie,

You can get all of the hozelock fittings and three-way splitter from B&Q. Most WFP suppliers will stock the other type of barbed splitter.

The barbed splitter is probably the most reliable way, this is what we supply with our systems.

Alex

ray l

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 07:50:06 pm »
I,ve seen y splitters in b+q with taps

Would prove handy as if one is finished first they can start packing up
without disconnecting the other.

Ray

steveaqua

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 07:56:08 pm »
suppose it depends how you set it up really, i have mine bolted down so they never need disconnecting, don't know about the other way where you pull the reels in and out the van all the time

paul wright

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 11:16:05 am »
BQ   do a handy 4 way splitter  each with its own on/off tap   brought one yesterday  so i can hav my two cleaning machines , wfp  ,  on all the time  and one left to drain tank       15 pounds

Clear Vision

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 11:23:01 pm »
I am very interested in running two reels from my 100psi shurflo pum & varistream controller.

I was just wondering, does the pressure drop (i assume it will) when you are working the two poles?

Also what happens when one user disconnects his pole and the stop end kicks in? Will the other pole operator find a increase in pressure/flow to the brush head?

steveaqua

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 11:33:21 pm »
i don't use a varistream but i use a flo-jet pump 100psi for two reels and there is enough pressure for two poles and the pressure does dim slightly when both on and a slight increase when only one on, both reels have 100 meter microbore as well

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 12:52:11 am »
Steve B,

In my opinion you have the best and simplest set-up available.

Alex

Clear Vision

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 09:50:47 am »
Steve B,

In my opinion you have the best and simplest set-up available.

Alex

Alex,

You say steve b has the perfect setup!

But would my shurflo 100 psi and varistream still work the two reels/poles?

Matt

steveaqua

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 10:29:39 am »
i guess it would clearvision, i've never used the shurflo but if its the same psi then i can't see why not, isn't the varistream to prolong the life of the pump so you can reduce the flo of water?

david68

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 04:23:39 pm »
would it be best to have two pumps for two hoses.
Or do you all get away with one?

I have a 60 psi would u run 2 from this pump or not???

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 09:00:54 pm »
Hi Clear vision,

You will be able to run 2 reels from your set-up you will just need to tweak the varistream a bit. Or sell the varistream and shurflo and get a flojet! (only joking).

Hi David, a 60psi flojet will only be able to feed two reels if they are no longer than 60m each (microbore). If you want to run 2x 100m then you will need a 100psi flojet. This is not due to the higher PSI cut-off but because the 100psi pump has a higher flow rate.

Alex

Clear Vision

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 10:45:43 pm »
Hi Clear vision,

You will be able to run 2 reels from your set-up you will just ned to tweak the varistream a bit. Or sell the varistream and shurflo and get a flojet! (only joking).

Alex,

Thanks for your comment on this subject and on my lime problem.

I hear a lot about these flo jet pumps! A lot say there the dogs bo***cks?

If I did as you said, and sold my shurflo and  varistream how would I control the flow and on/off with the flojet, and would it benefit me keeping in mind I will want to turn my setup into a two man operation.

Cheers

Matthew

JM123

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 12:51:07 am »
clear vision, would you not be better just buying a secondary shurflo, you can run it without a varistream if you don't plan to use it all the time.

on our smaller trailer system we use one pump (5ltr/min shurflo) with a varistream.  If I need to connect a second reel into it I just use a y splitter.  It can easily cope with 2 men working with 100m of minibore even on initial cleans.

Lastly, what makes flojet so special - I've repaired 4 of them in the past, all less than a year old (pump motors burnt out), have only ever had 2 Aquatec pumps fail and 1 shurflo.  Bear in mind how expensive the flojet are as well I can't see how they are any better (or even as good) as shurflo.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

steveaqua

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 06:40:59 am »
there has been a debate about these pumps, and i know some people have stopped stocking flojets as they are reportedly breaking and there faults department haven't been fixing them when still under warentee, i've had one flojet burn out on me (it was my fault on how it was set up) also had one pressure switch fail in two years, so from my point of view the've been quite reliable although i wouldn'd mind trying an aquatic next time i need one.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 07:48:34 am »
From a set up point of view there is nothing simpler than 100 psi flojeta and 2 reels of microbore.  This provides the perfect flow rate with no need for any electronic control.  Pair this with flow valves on each pole and you have the perfect, simple set up. 

From a reliability point of view, who knows?  I have been running flojets for over 5 years (five of them) and only one of them has worn out and that was after three years of five days a week use.

We find that most of the faults with pumps occur within the first month or so and it is usually down to faulty system set up (no pump filter, etc).

I do hear very good things about other manufacturers' pumps and lots of people swear by their varistreams.