Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which chemical do you prefer to use to clean windows?

Squeegee Off
GG3 / GG4
Unger Detergent
Unger Gel
Unger Pills
Syr Glimmer Clean
Dish Washing Detergent (e.g Fairy)

shammy davis jnr

Re: Trad Solution
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 09:38:05 pm »
i tried the pills once  dont se the point off them not verey good i thought  mbee if you put them in a glass for your dentures they may have a purpose
im a soapy sudds kinda guy  8)

pete albion

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 09:48:55 pm »
tried macmac's idea today of mixing ecover with my gg4 and it works, good stuff macmac,

did find that it worked with clean water but after a few jobs needed to change water again because it started to leave white marks ,  once the water was new it worked a treat   :) 

Malone Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 09:56:49 pm »
Having used washing up liquid for years ( often mixed with amonia ) I started to try other liquids about 2 years ago , Between Squeegee Off , Unger Liquid and GG3 I find Squeege Off by far the best , Having tried to get GG3 for ages (living in Germany) I was quite disappointed when I tried it , You notice the difference on a sunny day when both sides of the window have been cleaned, I still use washing up liquid now and again if I run out of Sgueegee Off but if you dose correctly there is no big price difference  :)

pete albion

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 10:24:36 pm »
hi malone,
where in germany are you ?
i used to live in a small town called mettmann, came back about 27 years ago.

macmac

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 11:39:20 pm »
pete
double the dose of your gg4 from what is recomended on the bottle, then its a bit of trial & error for the amount of ecover. when you get the mix right the water lasts longer, i know exactly what you mean about the water getting dirty & thus the solution not working as good, but when you get the dosage right you'll see a big difference. ;) ;)