Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob McKillop

manual (pump action) backpack
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:05:48 pm »
Does anyone out there use an adapted manual (Pump action)backpack sprayer for WFP?
I have been using a shurflo backpack which was brilliant until it broke. I have a van mounted system now, but would like a cheap backpack just for the odd inaccessible windows. Any advice on what/from where??

pjulk

Re: manual (pump action) backpack
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:26:24 pm »

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:32:15 pm »
I found that trying to hold the pole upright and pump at the same time was difficult.
Why did yours break ?
Consider strapping/sticking another pump on the outside.

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:34:42 pm »

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 07:47:28 pm »
Just been to clean a kids nursery the side access gates have been locked with emergency only glass bars, I had to navigate the electric trolley inside through 4 kiddie proof gates and 4 doors tables and chairs and kids - and back again, took me ages Next time I will remember to put the electric pac in. But there is a lot of glass and a handpump ( I have one) just wont do it.

Bob McKillop

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:10:09 pm »
The pump keeps cutting out - got a new switch circuit, no change. bypassd the pressure switch, no change. Disconnect battery and reconnect, pump runs for about 30 secs, then cuts out. after a couple of times pump wont run at all until it has sat for a while, then repeat process.....very frustrating. I probably could get another pump for it, but I'm not very tech so thought maybe hand pump version might do as I will be using it very rarely.

matt

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:21:14 pm »
i used a handpumped backpack for a comercail job BEFORE i built all the other kit, it took 2 of us though, 1 with the backpack on and pumping, me with the 9 M unger pole fully extended :) that was the way to jump into WFP action :)

did the job for 2 cleans though, by that time had enough money to build the WFP setup i have now

:)

I stil use the handpumped for a few accounts where they have loads of steps to the rear of the house, only a few windows on each though AND 1 of the connection on the backpack leaks a little, so now i put it on a chair or table and pump till its full of preasure then clean away, saves me getting a wet back :) ( i really should try and find the leak)

it can be done for the odd few windows

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 08:24:13 pm »
bob, i am sure jeff might know whats causing your backpack to stop working,

Bob McKillop

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 08:29:45 pm »
Hopefully somebody will, cause I am stumped!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 08:36:15 pm »
OK lets all try,
Did it make any odd noises before it stopped, was it sudden, have you dismantled the electrical joints/`battery connections and put them back together.
Did the pressure drop, did it slow down ?

matt

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 08:53:58 pm »
have you tried running water back through the pump ( the opposite way it should go )

connect up some hose to the tap and the out-going brab of the pump, turn the tap on a little , you might have something stuck on the pumpu bit ( technical term that is ;))

KarlJones

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 01:51:44 am »
Do these manual pumps pump the water out or pump air in?
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 06:28:20 am »
The pressure is within the pump body, there is no pressure in the container itself.

Ladders

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 09:23:46 am »
Bob

The pump pack that jouk has given a link to are no good for this job, they only pressurise a small chamber and will only dispense about 1 and a half LTS before you have to re pressurise the chamber.

I know this because i bought one. Dont know about the other link maybe someone can put us wise.

Cheers Jeff

For every problem there is a solution

geefree

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 09:30:59 am »
Hi did you know the shurflo backpack cuts out and starts again intermittently to let you know the battery needs charging?... it works for around 3 minutes and cuts out for 3 minutes.

Gary.

jouk45

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 09:42:24 am »
ladders, they all work the same way am afraid, the Manual  backpacks i mean. they are just diffrent shapes and colours,

Ladders

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 09:58:31 am »
Thanks jouk, so the other link is the same.

Cheers Jeff.
For every problem there is a solution

jouk45

Re: manual (pump action) backpack New
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 10:03:13 am »
well well look what i found, this is a fairly new idea, if you buy one of these, it will save you hand pumping and filling with water, just make a connection between the hose on the sprayer, and your outlet hose, it would take seconds to fill, and your ready to go, i am sure a window cleaner here developed and showed pics to us how it work, looks like these guys have stolen his idea,

heres the link, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hudson-Pumpless-Garden-Sprayer_W0QQitemZ180073866089QQihZ008QQcategoryZ75584QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem