Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

j.v. price ltd

Website coming along
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:29:37 pm »
Happy New Year to all.

Have had some more work done on the website and as you all came up with some good ideas and found the ffault last time please have another go....

regards

Charlie

www.jvprice.co.uk

j.v. price ltd

Re: Website coming along
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:58:38 pm »
it cant be that bad can it....

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 10:16:43 pm »
Looks good, nice clean loking pages and some good pictures

KarlJones

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 10:17:18 pm »
Looks fine in firefox.

One thing I will point out, that is a general comment. 

I am an average person of the 21st century.  I can not tell you where the yellow pages is located in my flat.  I do not think I need it, I have a PC and I have google.

Now not comming from darn south, I have no idea where the home counties are (though I just checked on wiki) and my bet is google does not either.

Still confused?  Well I use google but google is fairly dumb.  It needs the website to contain the sort of things I would be likely to search for.  It is not magic, it reads your site and then remembers it, then if I say to it window cleaner in surrey it has a little look through its memory and voila.  A page of links relavent.

I might be wrong, but I do not think yours would be one of them (unless you specifically paid for it) as I can see no mention of the word Surrey on your site.

So, you should make a page called "Areas" linked to off each page where you list the areas you cover.  What you are basically doing is trying to teach google that your page is relavent to window cleaner in surrey.

Yes I know I might be teaching my grandma to suck eggs, but sometimes we can get that mixed up the fine detail we miss the real thing we are trying to do (advertise).

Great site on my firefox though.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

brett walker

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 11:39:32 pm »
very impressive  8)

thats next for me now

brett

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 03:22:49 pm »
Thanks for the comment regarding Google i have opened a whole new book here just spoken to the web guys and they totaly agreed with you and the built it the fools.

All about rankings on google and as that is what people tend to use now for searching the net will have to start being clever and get the old ranking up.....

Thanks for all the comment keep them coming as they have helped greatly...

Charlie Price

Liahona

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 03:29:04 pm »
Looks good and best of luck with it. Best, Dave.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 08:53:53 pm »
had a few problems with it but back up and running....