Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

* mike RH

Buying a water fed pole
« on: January 03, 2007, 12:20:46 pm »
Nice forum everyone.

I don't have a water fed pole system yet but the advice I've read on here is helpful.

I have a few big hotels and care homes, but the rest of my work is mostly domestic and shops. If I only need to use a water fed pole a few times a month, what is the best kind of system to get?

Chris Cottrell

Re: Buying a water fed pole
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:25:56 pm »
Probably a small RO unit and 6 or so 25l drums for storage and a Sureflow backpack and what ever size pole you see fit

Chris

* mike RH

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:28:02 pm »
How long would a back pack last? How many windows could you do?

I suppose you just keep filling it up do you?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:30:26 pm »
when i had a trolley sys using 25l drums i could do 2 x 3 bed semis on 1 drum thats was about 9 or 10 windows/doors

tonylee

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 03:22:22 pm »
mike
when you get one you will use it on all your acconts. i thought the same!
tony

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 08:21:20 pm »
Mike,

I use a Backpack DIY System a bit like Chris mentioned.  I love it and wouldn't use hoses out of a van but................

I notice you have a few large properties.  The backpack would be a pain in the backside, filling it up several times.  I only have 1 large property with, to me, endless rows of large pain windows.  I only do the tops (a subidiotract for a local Contractor) but I have to fill up 4 times.

I would suggest you get a van mount or trailer mounted Tank with a delivery pump and pump controler and however much Microbore hose you might need (Hose comes in 50, 75 or 100 meter lengths).  And put a 12v transferpump in the tank and get a backpack to do your domestics!!  Because, mark my words, when you get the hang of WFP you'll want to wash EVERYTHING!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

EasyClean

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »
Hi Mike,
I'll call around your house on Sunday afternoon and help you decide what WFP set up suits you the best.
(EasyClean)Wayne
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!